• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

It's Deion

Bigger Ed

XL Cranial Shield w/ Auxiliary Vision Enhancement
5 Year Member
It's Ludacris. Born in Champaign, Ill, he has Big 10 ties. He acted in the Fast and Furious movies, so his offense would no doubt be explosive. He created a musical children's TV series for Netflix so he'll update Li'l Red, maybe with more bling. His actual last name is Bridges, so he'll close the gap between blue hairs and millenials. And maybe he'll replace that godawful Shek Wes crap with his own less godawful crap.

HuskerBLM

Recruit
2 Year Member
The more I follow and look at Deion, the more I like him! He's really the only coach "on the speculation list" that has started to build a program from complete ground up. Don't think its in the cards, but wishful thinking for this rising star coach. He will have a National Championship before Nebraska.

95Huskers

Recruit
I'm open-minded. There are a lot of reasons Deion could/would be a great choice. (I'm guessing, like most, he goes SEC rather than Midwest) However, I ask naysayers to do some research on the character of the man.

i agree with you. this man believes in god, does not drink or smoke, and has recruited higher profile players at jsu than coaches we have here. all characteristics that some on here "claim" are impt to them. but unfortunately, you are talking to allot of closed minded people. it has been stated on this board, in numerous areas, that he does not fit nebraska's "culture." what that really means, amongst other things, is that certain parts of deion will prevent some on here to judge him solely on his character. and that is unfortunate. surprising? no...but still unfortunate.

Lavaman

Rebel Scum
10 Year Member
i agree with you. this man believes in god, does not drink or smoke, and has recruited higher profile players at jsu than coaches we have here. all characteristics that some on here "claim" are impt to them. but unfortunately, you are talking to allot of closed minded people. it has been stated on this board, in numerous areas, that he does not fit nebraska's "culture." what that really means, amongst other things, is that certain parts of deion will prevent some on here to judge him solely on his character. and that is unfortunate. surprising? no...but still unfortunate.
To which "parts" are you referring?

Lavaman

Rebel Scum
10 Year Member
Honestly, if Prime is named our next HC, I could be convinced to get on board just from a recruiting standpoint.

That being said, there's no way he's ever coaching in Lincoln.

dbroder87

Recruit
2 Year Member
You mean the majority of our silver slugger (closeminded) fan base wouldn't want Primetime?!?! No way....and i thought Christian's accepted everyone!

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS

Save 10 percent or more on gas.