• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It's been a Rough Week

I agree. The last 2 to 4 years of Pellini were poor recruiting years at certain positions. Riley did not have a full copboard but did not fill it either.
Lmao
Yes so poor that he still was able to keep puttin out nine win or
More seasons. Pelini isn’t the one that set this program back Riley did.

I think we for sure get two more wins probably Indiana and Purdue and possibly a third from Maryland. We are in for a longer overall process than ever before. Mike Riley really did a number to this team and Frost has his work cut out for him. Hopefully he sticks around. I believe he will get this ship righted. It will now just be a 4 to 5 year turn around. We need to be bigger and stronger on both lines. If this was the Big 12, our team would be near the top and we could go to shootouts every single game, but this is Big 10 football. Who ever is bigger, stronger, faster is gonna win. We may have a fast team, but they need to get a whole lot bigger up front.
. . . . . Said Paul Chryst to Lovie Smith . . . . .

I believed we'd be a lot more settled this season but unfortunately it appears to be the opposite compared to the last 6 games of 2018. Right now we have more questions then answers imo and it's going take Frost more time to get it right.

I wasn't really upset by the Minnesota loss but rather very disappointed in the way we lost. It honestly looked like a flashback to some of the teams MR fielded. That's very troubling and certainly not what I believed was going to happen. When I see good fundemental football played with lots of effort I can live with some losses. What I saw in Minnesota was poor football being played by Nebraska on both sides of the ball including ST's!

HCSF needs to have a serious evaluation of exactly where we are and where we're going the next several years. There's way to many dangling nagging issues and until those are solved we're going to continue getting boat raced by teams like Minnesota imo.

I'm still 100% with the Frost team but sooner or later things are going need to be turned around. Frost wasn't hired to plod along at 6 or 7 wins a season nor did he take the job with that in mind. However he's finding out how far away the program is from playing really good consistent football imo.

Last edited:
I believed we'd be a lot more settled this season but unfortunately it appears to be the opposite compared to the last 6 games of 2018. Right now we have more questions then answers imo and it's going take Frost more time to get it right.

I wasn't really upset by the Minnesota loss but rather very disappointed in the way we lost. It honestly looked like a flashback to some of the teams MR fielded. That's very troubling and certainly not what I believed was going to happen. When I see good fundemental football played with lots of effort I can live with some losses. What I saw in Minnesota was poor football being played by Nebraska on both sides of the ball including ST's!

HCSF needs to have a serious evaluation of exactly where we are and where we're going the next several years. There's way to many dangling nagging issues and until those are solved we're going to continue getting boat raced by teams like Minnesota imo.

I'm still 100% with the Frost team but sooner or later things are going need to be turned around. Frost wasn't hired to plod along at 6 or 7 wins a season nor did he take the job with that in mind. However he's finding out how far away the program is from playing really good consistent football imo.

I agree and also think he is learning to be a head coach both in the power 5 and specifically in the Big 10. Frost is intelligent, knows Nebraska culture, is passionate about Nebraska football and will, IN TIME, not only recruit and develop the right athletes, I believe that he will develop into a great football coach at Nebraska. The greatest fans anywhere just need to show that they are really “all that” and be patient for a few years. Development takes time and that includes development of this young head coach.

It's been a Rough Week

Yes, I fell and broke two ribs a week ago, Thursday. Whatever you do in life, never, ever, break your ribs. The pain is intense.

Agree 100%. I was in a car accident 10 years ago and my pelvis was cracked in 2 places, I had a broken c-spine vertebrae, and 3 broken ribs. Guess which was by far the most painful, definitely those ribs! Every time I had to cough or sneeze it was excruciatingly painful.

It's gotten quite tiresome this week, hearing all the local pundits bag on the team. Some saying they'll be lucky to win 2 more games. The coach who was supposed to be our savior can't get the guys motivated to play a physical game. The QB isn't playing like he used to. We don't have any receivers who can get open. O line is weak. Defense hasn't been playing up to their potential and can't handle a physical opponent.

BTW, I live in Georgia. That's what they've been saying about the Bulldogs all week.
Can I add Falcons and Tech to that? Funny old game isn't it... Tech goes and wins in Miami after losing to the Citadel. A Miami team coming off beating a pretty darn good Virginia team.

Agree 100%. I was in a car accident 10 years ago and my pelvis was cracked in 2 places, I had a broken c-spine vertebrae, and 3 broken ribs. Guess which was by far the most painful, definitely those ribs! Every time I had to cough or sneeze it was excruciatingly painful.
I broke a toe once playing drunk water polo......that really hurt too

I think we for sure get two more wins probably Indiana and Purdue and possibly a third from Maryland. We are in for a longer overall process than ever before. Mike Riley really did a number to this team and Frost has his work cut out for him. Hopefully he sticks around. I believe he will get this ship righted. It will now just be a 4 to 5 year turn around. We need to be bigger and stronger on both lines. If this was the Big 12, our team would be near the top and we could go to shootouts every single game, but this is Big 10 football. Who ever is bigger, stronger, faster is gonna win. We may have a fast team, but they need to get a whole lot bigger up front.
I'm hearing gears grinding.

You can find gear lube in aisle 5

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back