• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ITALY

Team was gassed today. Weekend to rest up for Mondays game.

I would guess; after outscoring 'em 31 to 7 in the Second Quarter! ;)

Actually I heard that Hoiberg has said this team tends to shut down when adversity hits. Practice in a real game will help them work through it and give him a better feel on who he can lean on during those stretches.

:

I would guess; after outscoring 'em 31 to 7 in the Second Quarter! ;)

Actually I heard that Hoiberg has said this team tends to shut down when adversity hits. Practice in a real game will help them work through it and give him a better feel on who he can lean on during those stretches.

:
Very true...nothing like working through adversity in games like these.

This trip was perfect for a team that doesn't know each other. The more these guys can spend
playing together and just getting to know each other will certainly help with adversity that they will be facing throughout the year.

Very true...nothing like working through adversity in games like these.

This trip was perfect for a team that doesn't know each other. The more these guys can spend
playing together and just getting to know each other will certainly help with adversity that they will be facing throughout the year.
All it takes is one guy with ice water in his veins to guide a team past this problem. When you don’t see a key person panic, even if they are struggling, it gets guys back in focus. We may not have that leader carved out quite yet. It’s so early in the process, they just need a little seasoning, and a chance to appreciate what each other will bring to the table.

It may sound weird, but players know who to follow. There is the guy who thinks they should be the one to make the critical play, partly because of ego or some past success. And then there is the guy who knows what to do. That’s the guy players recognize before fans usually do, and it’s a combination of execution in practice, games, whatever, it’s confidence and patience. A guy who knows where to be, how to get the best look, who should be open when defenses shift and who has a favorable matchup, all that shows through after playing together for a while.

It sounds like there was some emotion in the huddles, which is OK, but there also needs to be some focus and confidence. I look at the scoring drought problems we’ve seen over the last several years, and I believe some of that was the lack of the right guy being the leader. Miles might be partly to blame, but this is a new team, and it’s going to be interesting to see who takes that role, and how Fred helps in the process.

All it takes is one guy with ice water in his veins to guide a team past this problem. When you don’t see a key person panic, even if they are struggling, it gets guys back in focus. We may not have that leader carved out quite yet. It’s so early in the process, they just need a little seasoning, and a chance to appreciate what each other will bring to the table.

It may sound weird, but players know who to follow. There is the guy who thinks they should be the one to make the critical play, partly because of ego or some past success. And then there is the guy who knows what to do. That’s the guy players recognize before fans usually do, and it’s a combination of execution in practice, games, whatever, it’s confidence and patience. A guy who knows where to be, how to get the best look, who should be open when defenses shift and who has a favorable matchup, all that shows through after playing together for a while.

It sounds like there was some emotion in the huddles, which is OK, but there also needs to be some focus and confidence. I look at the scoring drought problems we’ve seen over the last several years, and I believe some of that was the lack of the right guy being the leader. Miles might be partly to blame, but this is a new team, and it’s going to be interesting to see who takes that role, and how Fred helps in the process.
Agree with all of this...and this Italy trip is such a good thing for this particular team to have this summer.

Agree with all of this...and this Italy trip is such a good thing for this particular team to have this summer.
It’s a huge positive to get to do a trip like this. As fun and educational as it is, it’s also a grind, and it puts guys together even more than they’d normally be, which will test their patience. This will help the coaches see how these guys react under duress. It’s more than just the games, it’s setting down the structure of how they will work as a team, both on and off the court. You don’t all love each other as a team, but you have to be able to get along.

Huskers win out over 'Italian Select' in fourth, and final overseas game!
:Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Mfclap:

BUT!!!!!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back