• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It is Not Just Ziggy and Morgan

Jurgens was by far the best o-lineman tonight . . . and his snaps were, by and large, on the money.

Farniok and Jaimes have to be the worst tackles in the B1G. They are slow, have terrible technique, and far too often either miss blocks competely or aren't physical at all and fail to tie up their man. Hixson had a pretty bad night, too. I can only figure that they are trying to preseve RS for some of the really young guys and that we may see them later in the year. But surely what we're rolling out there aren't the best, most athletic guys we have on the roster? We're sunk if they are.

Jurgens was by far the best o-lineman tonight . . . and his snaps were, by and large, on the money.

Farniok and Jaimes have to be the worst tackles in the B1G. They are slow, have terrible technique, and far too often either miss blocks competely or aren't physical at all and fail to tie up their man. Hixson had a pretty bad night, too. I can only figure that they are trying to preseve RS for some of the really young guys and that we may see them later in the year. But surely what we're rolling out there aren't the best, most athletic guys we have on the roster? We're sunk if they are.
I think we’re seeing the best. And yes we are sunk.

Hixson was skyed tonight!

Spent most of the night on his back looking up at it!
I haven't heard that term since like 1990-ish. But you are correct. For a second I thought that was Rariden the way he went backwards on contact. Rariden literally flew backwards on every snap in the spring.

Ozigbo didn't get the nod as a regular due to Held's ignorant choices to play Washington and Bell for a majority of the time at the start of the season. Then Bell ran off on him. Ozigbo and Wilbon had a load of experience between the two of them and it was plain the other two did not.

The situation today is that we've run Wandale Robinson into the ground out of continued ignorance. Everyone in the stadium knew it was only a matter of when that hit was coming, and today we saw it. A good clean shot to an 18 year old kid probably ended his season if it is as bad as it looks. If I had to guess he might have an articulating fibula. The area on his leg he was pointing to when they did the quick lower extremity bone tests makes me think it got broken. You can put weight on a leg that has a broken fibula, but you aren't playing football on that. The team actually got better when Wandale stopped being the focus. It made the other players step up, which is a big positive.

We have Wyatt Mazour and Jaylen Bradley in the stable and they both run without hesitation. Washington is back to his crazy legs dancing and is ineffective. And he runs with the ball exposed. It's about time we stop farting around with a guy like that and play serious football. Really, this team simply has not rewarded smart play and punished poor play. We've pre-determined the starters and lived with their poor performances. That is just silly when there is so much depth.

For starters, stop wasting Scholarships on walk-ons. How about going out and getting scholarship caliber players. The walk-on era is over and has been over for nearly 20 years.
Yea, but they have heart and push our prima donnas that lack motivation to be better. Dang, if I hear this crap one more time I think I will puke. Is Clemson and Ohio State giving out scholarships to local walk-ons because their 5 stars are too entitled. That explains plenty if we need a Nebraska kid to motivate our supposed elite level recruits. Fill your roster with those deserving a scholarship and if a walk on works out, that's gravy. I heard this nonsense for years and also listen to those that opined and made excuses for not filling out our roster and tried to convince the masses that it was good so that we could give scholarships to deserving walk-on's.

Last edited:
Our defense is also quite poor. We will be exposed against any offense with a pulse that can punch us in the mouth. We looked fine defensively against four absolutely horrible offenses in our four wins. Our special teams also suck. Honestly, there is not one aspect of this team I look at and feel good about.

Our defense is also quite poor. We will be exposed against any offense with a pulse that can punch us in the mouth. We looked fine defensively against four absolutely horrible offenses in our four wins. Our special teams also suck. Honestly, there is not one aspect of this team I look at and feel good about.

I do like some of the young kids. There is a future in there and I wonder if the future isn't right now.

Possibly 6 more games. It will be interesting to see what the young recruits can do. The 4 game RS rule is intriguing this year. What games do they play in? Are they difference makers this year?

The defense has been imploding in the front seven since Colorado. Damien Daniels, Ben Stille, and Carlos Davis stock is way down. Barry is not an inside linebacker. And the tackling is mostly shoulder contact with only occasional wrapping up. All correctable. But for some reason we have to wait between games to get this handled. Barry needs to move positions because his whiffing needs to go.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back