• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked It is New Year's Day, and there is not 1 bowl game on all day long?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really am not enjoying this pro ball, I just saw a guy get called for what was essentially "tackling too hard," yeah he kind of body slammed the guy, but it was literally to get the guy to the ground, there is a booth review for EVERY TD and you can't hit a receiver to jar the ball loose.

I guess I remember reading about these rules, but you have to be forced to watch it to realize how "chicken poo-poo" it all is.

... same issue with college football ... they've become ultra-sensitive to unnecessary roughness and personal fouls as a result (and there's been plenty of complaining about it here so far as nebraska games are concerned). i don't see much difference.

... i'm good with the booth review of every TD ... the majority take less than 30 seconds to be determined.

.... not sure what you mean by not hitting a receiver to jar the ball loose -- that's completely legal in the NFL.

personally, i love all football. :)

... same issue with college football ... they've become ultra-sensitive to unnecessary roughness and personal fouls as a result (and there's been plenty of complaining about it here so far as nebraska games are concerned). i don't see much difference.

... i'm good with the booth review of every TD ... the majority take less than 30 seconds to be determined.

.... not sure what you mean by not hitting a receiver to jar the ball loose -- that's completely legal in the NFL.

personally, i love all football. :)

I'm pretty sure that's not true, there's not nearly as much contact downfield in pro-football. Additionally there was news earlier this year that defenders can't hit receivers in the air to jar the ball loose, they have to allow him to catch the ball and make a move. There was even a no call ruling on this in one of the games today, where the ref came out said the guy was now a ball carrier.

Unless I am completely misunderstanding the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back