• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked It is New Year's Day, and there is not 1 bowl game on all day long?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbie's Daddy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
And no New Year's Day parades? :soapbox: What is this world coming to?????:soapbox:

What happened to New Year's Day??? That's all that was on, all day. The morning would be full of parades, on at least 2 networks, then 10 am on - football, football and more football, ending with the Orange Bowl at night.... man, I really miss those days!

What am I going to do all day long????? Guess I will have to pull out an old 1995 Orange Bowl vid???? or how about a re-run of the Ohio State game of this past years (still on DVR). The 1996 Fiesta Bowl is always some good watchin'! Just love seeing Spurrier with his face in his hands all game long! Hopefully we will get more of that tomorrow!!!!

At least its not basketball. I was hopin they would never come to agreement.

Daughter just goggled it. Apparently the Rose Bowl has an agreement with God! The Tournament of Roses will never hold its parade on a Sunday; and God will never let it rain on the parade!

Downloaded the 1995 Orange Bowl vs. Miami (W 24-17) to the DVR so I'm home free! (You know, the game where the Miami Defense wore themselves out in the first quarter juking around the field after a stop.)

Daughter just goggled it. Apparently the Rose Bowl has an agreement with God! The Tournament of Roses will never hold its parade on a Sunday; and God will never let it rain on the parade!

I lived there 9 years and it was amazing. It could rain over night and in the early morning, but by parade time the rain always stopped and generally the sun was out. It is a must see spectacle.

Last edited:

I really am not enjoying this pro ball, I just saw a guy get called for what was essentially "tackling too hard," yeah he kind of body slammed the guy, but it was literally to get the guy to the ground, there is a booth review for EVERY TD and you can't hit a receiver to jar the ball loose.

I guess I remember reading about these rules, but you have to be forced to watch it to realize how "chicken poo-poo" it all is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back