• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It has begun....

If its going to happen you might as well get in position to take advantage of it. Hard to tell how it will all shake out but you have to think it will help those teams with dedicated and rabid fan bases like Nebraska. Who knows.

Completely disagree.

Agree. We are a small market. This will help Ohio State, Texas, USC, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, etc. It will accentuate the divide between schools in high population areas from those in low population regions. In the end, it will make it less likely, rather than more likely, Nebraska returns to elite status.

I still think there will be major Title IX issues with this because it will be football and men's basketball players that will be most able to take advantage.

Last edited:

Agree. We are a small market. This will help Ohio State, Texas, USC, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, etc. It will accentuate the divide between schools in high population areas from those in low population regions. In the end, it will make it less likely, rather than more likely, Nebraska returns to elite status.

I still think there will be major Title IX issues with this because it will be football and men's basketball players that will be most able to take advantage.
Yep. People forget our biggest potential donor couldn’t care less about athletes getting paid, and for every Howard Hawks Nebraska has, USC has 100 of them.

Yep. People forget our biggest potential donor couldn’t care less about athletes getting paid, and for every Howard Hawks Nebraska has, USC has 100 of them.
I agree. Howard and Rhonda are great people, but we would need alot more of them to compete with the USC's.

This will help Nebraska more than it will hurt them.
I concur, very few states support their college athletics like we do. Our BBall team is terrible yet we still are near the top for attendance. So local people will line up to get them in commercials.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back