• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It Gets Dumb and Dumberer

They will simply be replaced by other imbeciles or the same imbeciles will find something else to hit with. See all of the stuff written about TO for details. Elitist morons get offended when backwater teams like Nebraska have the audacity to be good.
This is true however they tend to look exceptionally stupid and petty criticizing/mocking a successful program imo. Right now we're an easy target because of 3 LOSING seasons in a row. Start winning and the slings and arrows really become meaningless

Last edited:

They will simply be replaced by other imbeciles or the same imbeciles will find something else to hit with. See all of the stuff written about TO for details. Elitist morons get offended when backwater teams like Nebraska have the audacity to be good.
LOL you beat me to it. Sounds like the two of us do remember the 90s and how they treated us then.

Funny...maybe my memory is fading but, I do not recall any east coast sport guys writing a ton of favorable stories about DONU in the 80s or 90s. They can not believe that little ole Nebraska dares to want to play with the big boys. Cuz you know we are just fly over country.
Perhaps some but those writers looked especially stupid imo. Huskers had a lot of favorable press including covers of SI back in the day. I believe Huskers fans (including myself) can be a bit overly sensitive at times. Right now we have ZERO to retort except we're going to get better. Actually there were MANY favorable articles when HCSF was hired but unfortunately it's been a very slow go so far. SF starts winning and those negative articles look very petty and stupid. Right now we're a very easy target because of our own doing.

Last edited:
Pat Forde's hit piece this weekend was worse than this. He didn't like Husker Nation giving him the business when he badmouthed Ted... we laid into him.

Best thing we can do now is compete with Ohio St and Penn St...We need to get the stench of mediocrity off our program...pronto and that starts with winning the West... that's all that matters this year...
Forde sure puts a lot of effort into hating the Huskers. Surprising he even cares about such an irrelevant program.

The only way to silence these guys that love jerking our chain, is by winning. Until the The Ws start coming our chain will be jerked on a regular basis. GBR
Nope then they will just accuse us of cheating like they did in the early-mid 80s or bringing in criminals like they did in the 90s. The press hates us because we are from flyover country and we make their heroes like JoePA and Spurrier look bad.

Nope then they will just accuse us of cheating like they did in the early-mid 80s or bringing in criminals like they did in the 90s. The press hates us because we are from flyover country and we make their heroes like JoePA and Spurrier look bad.
Is Nebraska the only college football program located in flyover country? Lots of midwest teams that get favorable press imo. Just saying....... ;)

Is Nebraska the only college football program located in flyover country? Lots of midwest teams that get favorable press imo. Just saying....... ;)
Oklahoma might be the only one to fit that. Texas is from a big populated state so "of course they are good." The SEC has always gotten favorable coverage even in the days of segregation. Bear Bryant was a national hero. Nebraska has always been the school that refused to accept "our place." We have no big cities, we have never been a state with a lot of factories. We are just the state with a lot of corn. (I know this is not true but that is the perception out side. You live in CT outside of NY, most people in that area of the country can not find NE on a map.

Pat Forde's criticism isn't baseless. He's certainly not pulling any punches right now, but the "whiner" label does stick.

After the schedule release, I just knew that somebody from the program was going to make an official comment, and sure enough Moos did. If I was his PR whisperer, I would have advised him, and anybody else in the athletic department to shout like hell behind closed doors, but don't say anything that gets you in the newspaper.

If Nebraska were a person that happened to be a friend of mine, I'd be saying something to them along the lines of – this is exactly what you wanted, stop complaining and just go do it already. ENOUGH!

We're Rachel McAdams right now.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Forde has legit points:

You know who else plays both Ohio State and Penn State this season? And Michigan? And in fact does it every season? Michigan State does. And Indiana. And Maryland. And Rutgers. Nebraska has spent the previous six seasons playing in the easier of the Big Ten’s two divisions, the West, which has won a grand total of zero league championship games since the current alignment started in 2014.

Despite playing in the easier division, Nebraska’s conference record in that time has been 23-29. Poor guys really do need — wait, deserve — a break.

But Moos wasn’t just complaining about playing what might be the two best teams in the Big Ten. He was also complaining about the order of the games. Ohio State is the opener, on the road, and you would not believe the horrors travel apparently presents to Nebraska.

Oklahoma might be the only one to fit that. Texas is from a big populated state so "of course they are good." The SEC has always gotten favorable coverage even in the days of segregation. Bear Bryant was a national hero. Nebraska has always been the school that refused to accept "our place." We have no big cities, we have never been a state with a lot of factories. We are just the state with a lot of corn. (I know this is not true but that is the perception out side. You live in CT outside of NY, most people in that area of the country can not find NE on a map.
Most people in NY can't find NY on a map! :Lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back