• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It Gets Dumb and Dumberer

GeorgiaRed

Recruit
10 Year Member
Just when I thought Yahoo Sports get get more starved for attention this stupid article shows up in my feed.

This quote took the cake:
Yeah, it’s one of just two schools in the Big Ten that doesn’t have a pro sports team in the same state. But Nebraska is also the only show in town because it’s in a state with five electoral votes, the fewest of any Big Ten state.

What does electoral votes have to do with fairness in scheduling. I am done!

But Nebraska is also the only show in town because it’s in a state with five electoral votes, the fewest of any Big Ten state.

It is just an odd way to express that Nebraska has the lowest population of any Big Ten state, as reasoning why "it's the only show in town." Generally true. It's a writer trying too hard to tie in the election year flavor with his statement.

Click bait to some extent. If that Mood quote is accurate I'm kinda embarrassed. Don't want, want you want, if you can't take what your going to get.

Just when I thought Yahoo Sports get get more starved for attention this stupid article shows up in my feed.

This quote took the cake:
Yeah, it’s one of just two schools in the Big Ten that doesn’t have a pro sports team in the same state. But Nebraska is also the only show in town because it’s in a state with five electoral votes, the fewest of any Big Ten state.

Just another example of how hard it can be sometimes to keep politics out of sports.

There is a certain group of people that wanted to keep things shut down, that group was PO'ed at NU for taking the lead to try and bring it back, that same group of people will try to make NU look as bad as possible. The media plays a big part for that group of people; Moos shouldn't have brought up his complaint just yet, because they are now using that to paint NU as whiners!

Did the Big 10 try to make it very hard for NU early on? Don't know and don't care... just get back to winning games. We are still getting beat by teams we shouldn't, while not getting any upsets that matter!

Last edited:

Pat Forde's hit piece this weekend was worse than this. He didn't like Husker Nation giving him the business when he badmouthed Ted... we laid into him.

Best thing we can do now is compete with Ohio St and Penn St...We need to get the stench of mediocrity off our program...pronto and that starts with winning the West... that's all that matters this year...

Pat Forde's hit piece this weekend was worse than this. He didn't like Husker Nation giving him the business when he badmouthed Ted... we laid into him.

Best thing we can do now is compete with Ohio St and Penn St...We need to get the stench of mediocrity off our program...pronto and that starts with winning the West... that's all that matters this year...
This is what we need to do to shut up everyone!

I saw Pat Forde's article and scrolled right past it. The only thing worse than his writing is his opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back