• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It’s Official: Welcome Matt Rhule

I do hope he can keep Mickey
If Rhule doesn't . . . I think Trev will in some way. Would find a way to get him on the admin staff related to recruiting or something.

But Rhule would be smart to keep Mickey, if they seem to gel. Keep a great recruiter and a bridge for some key players. Either way, I think Mickey will be around in some capacity.

If Rhule doesn't . . . I think Trev will in some way. Would find a way to get him on the admin staff related to recruiting or something.

But Rhule would be smart to keep Mickey, if they seem to gel. Keep a great recruiter and a bridge for some key players. Either way, I think Mickey will be around in some capacity.
You're all acting kind coach Joseph isn't going to get pulled into a head coaching job somewhere else. I can see him going to a smaller school as a head coach. Now, if I can dream, I can see Mickey coming back to replace Rhule in 4 of 5 years because this isn't Rhule's dream job.

Terrific. It's an excellent hire, and done in a timely way - Getting staff, recruiting both new kids and the current players, finding a home to live in and moving a family - the man will be busy for a number of weeks.

Great

Last edited:
I think he's the best available with a proven track record at the college level. The timing is also good as he can get right to work with many key recruiting dates coming up. Ultimately, a new coach is a crap shoot - the "sure thing" doesn't always work out and the "less than stellar" ends up being a rock star. We're overdue for a little luck in the hiring department. Eight year contract shows a commitment by both Rhule and DONU. I hope he keeps Mickey, not only for recruiting prowess, but also for continuity and proven motivational ability.

Played perfectly by Trev. Steal the spotlight on the last big day in college football ball. Although big games are still ahead the entire college football nation is tuned in this weekend. Announce the hottest coaching hire this year coming into Husker nation and get the world talking Big Red for the moment. Wearing my gear and flying my flag all day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back