• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It’s game month

August 27 @ Northwestern (In Dublin) L
September 3 vs North Dakota W
September 10 vs GA Southern W
September 17 vs Oklahoma L
September 24 BYE
October 1 vs Indiana W
October 7 @ Rutgers (Friday Night Game) L
October 15 @ Purdue L
October 22 BYE
October 29 vs Illinois L
November 5 vs Minnesota L
November 12 @ Michigan L
November 19 vs Wisconsin L
November 25 @ Iowa L

3-9

312 points
I won last year with that.

I have to stick with a winner

I think if we take care of business and step on our first 3 opponents' throats, there will be plenty of optimism heading into the OU game. On the other hand, if we struggle against our first 3 opponents and get blown out by OU, the SF countdown will begin.

I'm rooting for the first scenario. If that makes me a Frost lover, so be it.
I'm rooting for the same thing. I don't know who wouldn't who is a Husker fan.

Doesn't matter who is a lover or hater of Frost. As I said, we all want the same thing.

Last edited:
August 27 @ Northwestern (In Dublin) L
September 3 vs North Dakota W
September 10 vs GA Southern W
September 17 vs Oklahoma L
September 24 BYE
October 1 vs Indiana W
October 7 @ Rutgers (Friday Night Game) L
October 15 @ Purdue L
October 22 BYE
October 29 vs Illinois L
November 5 vs Minnesota L
November 12 @ Michigan L
November 19 vs Wisconsin L
November 25 @ Iowa L

3-9

312 points
I think the biggest issue between the "sides" here on the the football board resides right here. It is possible to be just as big a fan as anyone but not be confident going into the upcoming season. Just because someone predicts a 12-0 record in the prediction contest, it doesn't make that person a better fan or person. I don't doubt Pops love for the Huskers. He's just lost patience with Frost. Others haven't. Nobody is "right."

Last edited:

It is possible to be just as big a fan as anyone but not be confident going into the upcoming season.
This is where I disagree slightly … A 3-9 prediction is not positive, it’s not all gas and no brakes, it’s not 32 passing TDs - 1,000 yard rusher and another with 828.

One post is inconsistent with the other.

My post was picking on Pops who hands it out as well as he gets it. He takes these punches pretty well. I may have crossed a line and if I did I do apologize.

Last edited:
This is where I disagree slightly … A 3-9 prediction is not positive, it’s not all gas and no brakes, it’s not 32 passing TDs - 1,000 yard rusher and another with 828.

My post was picking on Pops who hands it out as well as he gets it. He takes these punches pretty well. I may have crossed a line and if I did I do apologize.
Appreciate the reply. Refreshing having a conversation with someone without the token snark thrown into the convo.

I don't know, I consider myself a rabid Huskers fan. If you saw my house, what its like here on game day, you'd think I was one of those guys predicting a 12-0 season and defending Frost at every turn. I will love this team til the day I die and that will never change. Yet, I'm very pessimistic about this upcoming season for several reasons. Whether folks think my reasons are valid or not are up to ones opinion. But it doesn't change how big a fan I am of this team.

Honestly, I don't remember you ever crossing the line since I've been here. And I don't need to speak for @Pops ...but I'd assume he's not upset about your post either. He's probably moved on to the hookah as I'm typing this.

It is "prove it" time. We were (almost) all in unison thinking Scott Frost would be the guy to bring us back to prominence and it has taken much longer than most of us envisioned. I did hear that it would take 5 years from some when he was hired but I didn't believe it. There were some crazy circumstances. But the team needs to focus on game one, do what it takes to win, and then do the same going forward. Really cant be excuses this year.

It is "prove it" time. We were (almost) all in unison thinking Scott Frost would be the guy to bring us back to prominence and it has taken much longer than most of us envisioned. I did hear that it would take 5 years from some when he was hired but I didn't believe it. There were some crazy circumstances. But the team needs to focus on game one, do what it takes to win, and then do the same going forward. Really cant be excuses this year.
I remember the 5-year comment as well. None of us though believed each of the first four seasons would have a losing record.

Would you trade the first four seasons of the SF era for an 11-1 or 12-0 record this year?

I have lived in Badgerville for the entirety of the B1G experience. I hate Wisconsin and especially it’s fans almost as much as some people on this board hate Texas. I hate jump around. I just need us to win the West and not them. I just need us to beat Bucky and not lose a revenge game later that year. I need us to become their daddy.

Honestly, I don't remember you ever crossing the line since I've been here. And I don't need to speak for @Pops ...but I'd assume he's not upset about your post either. He's probably moved on to the hookah as I'm typing this.
Wha wha wha what, me and a hookah?
No way, never touched the stuff

Now where am I

And you’re right not upset at all

I deserve to be called out

And this thread was written after that post

And if you put your right foot in and your left foot out and ya shake it all about

I'm rooting for the same thing. I don't know who wouldn't who is a Husker fan.

Doesn't matter who is a lover or hater of Frost. As I said, we all want the same thing.
Me tool

With further investigation the prediction post was written before the positive post.

Not guilty

Waves as he leaves the courtroom

I remember the 5-year comment as well. None of us though believed each of the first four seasons would have a losing record.

Would you trade the first four seasons of the SF era for an 11-1 or 12-0 record this year?

I have lived in Badgerville for the entirety of the B1G experience. I hate Wisconsin and especially it’s fans almost as much as some people on this board hate Texas. I hate jump around. I just need us to win the West and not them. I just need us to beat Bucky and not lose a revenge game later that year. I need us to become their daddy.
Perfect post, we all want this.
I'd be down for 10-12 wins as long as we don't ever go below 9 again. I'd make the trade.

Last edited:

Trade is difficult word to use right now. Maybe the word accept. I just want to see the road to great. Obviously 12-0 would make me believe that. Not sure how I’d feel about 6-6 or even 7-5.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back