• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Issac Gifford receives a Blue Shirt offer from the Huskers

I explained in my post and the link talks about it more. He would not go on full scholarship until the first day of Fall Camp 2020. Would have to pay for Spring semester himself
This wouldn't be a big deal if he was graduating in May like most SR's in HS.....but it is a big deal when graduating in December......if it was me, I would beg and borrow to pay for that spring semester....or stay in HS and take easy classes for one more semester.

No brainer.

The exact type young man that makes a program better.

1. He wants to be here.
2. He'll outwork anybody.
3. The AFA wants him - character, leadership and integrity much?
4. His Coach says he's basically one of a kind in certain immeasurables.
5. His brother is UN and NFL pedigree so there is potential unknown upside.
6. He's not slow - 6' 1" at 195 runs a 4.43 40.

You find a way to find him a place.

He's not a four star or five star.

He's a gold star.

This.
And he won't get homesick for a girlfriend back in another state.

If he does the blue shirt can they still give him a scholarship this spring if one opens up?
It’s more to do with the initial counter number than the scholarship number. We can only sign 26 initial counters. We currently have 22 scholarships to give (19 open scholarships plus 3 that the Big Ten allows us to oversign with). I’m guessing we’ll have more than 26 scholarships to give out after all the transfers happen.

Blue shirting is a way to sign more than the 26 we’re allowed. Gifford’s counter would count against 2021.

This.
And he won't get homesick for a girlfriend back in another state.

So if he opts for the blueshirt - he would be on scholie at his hometown university next fall, eligible to play immediately (if he's ready to contribute - if not still can play in 4 games & redshirt) ... essentially just loses out on this spring / semester being a december HS grad.

I get being anxious to enroll & get going... but perhaps a gap semester could be just what the Dr ordered? - could even take a few community college classes & get a jump on some college credit... or train & chill, you've earned it. Makes sense to me, but I understand IG's excited to begin his next chapter - best of luck Isaac (follow your heart).

& GBR!

This wouldn't be a big deal if he was graduating in May like most SR's in HS.....but it is a big deal when graduating in December......if it was me, I would beg and borrow to pay for that spring semester....or stay in HS and take easy classes for one more semester.
Stay in (high) school and enjoy being a kid, life will change quickly, don't need to grow up so fast.

Last edited:

It’s more to do with the initial counter number than the scholarship number. We can only sign 26 initial counters. We currently have 22 scholarships to give (19 open scholarships plus 3 that the Big Ten allows us to oversign with). I’m guessing we’ll have more than 26 scholarships to give out after all the transfers happen.

Blue shirting is a way to sign more than the 26 we’re allowed. Gifford’s counter would count against 2021.
So does this mean we’re planning on signing a full recruiting class this year?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back