• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Isaiah Simmons chooses Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmons was just one of those kids that kept being lured by shiny new things. It seemed like every time a new thing came along, he was attracted to it. Our coaches would sell the Nebraska pitch to him and it always seemed like we were playing catch up. Then a new shiny thing came along and it started all over again.

This is one where for whatever reason, it just wasn't meant to be. If it hadn't been Clemson, another shiny thing would have come along.

Don't get me wrong. He is a good kid. I just don't think his heart was really ever with Nebraska. Intellectually, I think he liked us. But emotionally, he just never connected with us.

That's a good summation, HIO.

So because I have a differing opinion I am a troll? Good to know

No. Posting smiley faces when we don't get a recruit gets you close to being a troll. This closed the deal, taking you from only a below average to an average closer.

....Just wanted to see who would bite at it

Lamar Jackson is a huge get, and we lost Simmons to the #2 team in the nation. Really like what Riley has going.

Stupid Coaches! Can't close nothing!

Where did I or anyone say that???? Please find it for me. Definitely would not say he can't close nothing (maybe ANYTHING) but I never said that either. Said I would put him in the average-above average closing category, not that he CAN'T CLOSE NOTHING.

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking he would choose the Huskers.... All I can say is best of luck to him and his future....

I don't post much, thought I'd pony up since I'm on here everyday tho. Anywho, I'm always going to be a glass half full kinda dude. Apologize if this has been said earlier but if everything goes as planned tomorrow I think we have a very solid class. I'm confident the staff has what it takes to get the caliber and character of student athletes we will need to compete at a high level in the near future. If we put together a 9-10 win upcoming season and couple that with some early Cali commits I believe we are looking at a top 15 class next year. Regardless, I like where this team is headed and I'm gunna dig it whatever the outcome .

I feel AWFUL for Coach Riley with this one. He REALLY worked hard to sell Nebraska to Simmons -- letting him play his preferred position and winning over the parents.

Clemson bullied their way into his recruitment and took what they want. It will be great when Nebraska is in a better position to put walls around the 250-mile and tell teams like Clemson to get lost.

Best of luck to Isaiah and much thanks for not disrespecting anyone.

Last edited:
Where did I or anyone say that???? Please find it for me. Definitely would not say he can't close nothing (maybe ANYTHING) but I never said that either. Said I would put him in the average-above average closing category, not that he CAN'T CLOSE NOTHING.

:dighole:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back