• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Isaiah Simmons chooses Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah it looks like we have a better than average chance to pick up Lamar Jackson's buddy. Will delay signing and visit Lincoln this weekend. If we get him Jackson will be the reason why.

Lose one 4* but probably pick up another....

Curious where did Riley's classes usually rank when at OS? Sure it's been posted somewhere but figure someone on here would know without looking?

His highest class ranking was 39, and he did it twice. His worst was 64 (that might be wrong, but I am pretty sure) . The average was around 48ish.

One of his better classes was actually his worst because of the 18 players in the class, only 9 actually finished their careers there, and only a few ever saw the field. Or course one of them was Brandin Cooks and he did OK...

But yes, this class will easily be his best ever and if they can get Beau it probably will be half or better of his best class ranking. Amazing what 1600 (ish) miles can do...

Last edited:
Simmons was just one of those kids that kept being lured by shiny new things. It seemed like every time a new thing came along, he was attracted to it. Our coaches would sell the Nebraska pitch to him and it always seemed like we were playing catch up. Then a new shiny thing came along and it started all over again.

This is one where for whatever reason, it just wasn't meant to be. If it hadn't been Clemson, another shiny thing would have come along.

Don't get me wrong. He is a good kid. I just don't think his heart was really ever with Nebraska. Intellectually, I think he liked us. But emotionally, he just never connected with us.

Simmons was just one of those kids that kept being lured by shiny new things. It seemed like every time a new thing came along, he was attracted to it. Our coaches would sell the Nebraska pitch to him and it always seemed like we were playing catch up. Then a new shiny thing came along and it started all over again.

This is one where for whatever reason, it just wasn't meant to be. If it hadn't been Clemson, another shiny thing would have come along.

Don't get me wrong. He is a good kid. I just don't think his heart was really ever with Nebraska. Intellectually, I think he liked us. But emotionally, he just never connected with us.

Then, it's for the best. Too many don't pan out for one reason or another and maybe not having your heart in it could be a significant reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back