• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Isaiah Simmons chooses Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can definitely see that, in fact, it makes perfect sense. I said before that I expect this staff to look at recruiting "big" safeties and moving them down to LB. With the cover 4 system, it relies on LB'ers doing a lot of coverage. Isaiah Simmons is already 6-3 and over 210 and still has his senior year to go. After a RS, this kid can be 225 of solid, good weight after Philipp gets ahold of him. He is exactly the kind of prospect this staff wants to recruit for LB. Much like Domann - who is also being looked at as a safety by a few teams.

I read a really good analysis the other night breaking down his game etc and they pegged him as a LB....and pretty much said what you did....thought it would be a natural move for him and in the long run they thought the right move...

I can definitely see that, in fact, it makes perfect sense. I said before that I expect this staff to look at recruiting "big" safeties and moving them down to LB. With the cover 4 system, it relies on LB'ers doing a lot of coverage. Isaiah Simmons is already 6-3 and over 210 and still has his senior year to go. After a RS, this kid can be 225 of solid, good weight after Philipp gets ahold of him. He is exactly the kind of prospect this staff wants to recruit for LB. Much like Domann - who is also being looked at as a safety by a few teams.

I read a really good analysis the other night breaking down his game etc and they pegged him as a LB....and pretty much said what you did....thought it would be a natural move for him and in the long run they thought the right move...

They sound like smart guys ;)

247Sports has 4 predictions... all Kansas. But 3 of them are pretty old and even the most recent is from late July. Hopefully the headline is referring to us.

247Sports has 4 predictions... all Kansas. But 3 of them are pretty old and even the most recent is from late July. Hopefully the headline is referring to us.

Okay so I figured out what was wrong with the link in post 5. And now that I look at the teaser, it does say it's a Big 10 team recruiting him the hardest. So probably Nebraska, Iowa, or Minnesota. But I do worry about Kansas with his brother having played there.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=928&script=/content.asp&cid=1808156

Last edited:

Okay so I figured out what was wrong with the link in post 5. And now that I look at the teaser, it does say it's a Big 10 team recruiting him the hardest. So probably Nebraska, Iowa, or Minnesota. But I do worry about Kansas with his brother having played there.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=928&script=/content.asp&cid=1808156

Thanks for the help. I assumed Nebraska because of this earlier teaser: https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=880&script=/content.asp&cid=1805353

Says Nebraska will be next visit, hopefully I copied it correctly this time :)

Big target, glad to see he is getting a lot of attention from the Huskers still. Four-star, 500-mile radius kid at a position of need. A lot like Domann, who is also a four-star 500-mile kid. Both could project to LB or strong safety. Nebraska could really use this kid.

On the HOL podcast they mentioned he's very hard to get a hold of and hard to read. Mentioned that a bunch of schools had backed off him, hoping it's because he told them no thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back