• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

Special teams; when Armstrong was kicking off, kicks went thru the end zone. Now, kickoffs come down at the 5 or 10 and are not covered well leading to long returns.

Last edited:

The obvious problems on the staff are inexperience, ignorance, and just plain bad choices. I have outlined the dead weight on the staff before. Greg Austin has been terrible as a personnel manager and plain doesn't utilize his depth. Held is over-rated as a recruiter and ignorant as a personnel manager. Ruud is a complete catastrophe. And Troy Walters is neither effective as a wide receivers coach or as a strategy guy. Frost should put these guys behind closed doors and tell them out of you four I'm going a different direction with three of you. Let them figure it out. They are big boys. If they fix it, he can always change his mind. But this buddy crap and loyalty to coaches over the team is not going to work... ever.

I'm curious how this numbskull is a stud in any way. I challenge the entire forum to point out how any of these four position coaches are studs at their jobs. None of them have been particular good for this team.

Guys like Ruud have been complete train wrecks from the get go. There is a wealth of coaching talent out there. When we hire friends we have to hide all their shortcomings. Those shortcoming lead often to complete failures and going .500 - the water mark just to get into a bowl season - is a complete crap shoot. Guys like PJ Fleck made a tough decision midway through last season and has looked well ever since. This is a highly paid staff. At this level when you fall short it is "The higher the pay, the shorter the stay."

I'm curious about something and, in all honestly, I'm just asking because I want to hear your elaborated opinion.

How has Ruud been a catastrophe and train wreck from the start?

Two seasons of very poor linebacker performance is my key argument. The guy had zero experience coaching. Being a player turned coach is not always easy to transition. Actually, unless you knew as a player what to focus on, you probably ignored what the coaches were doing at the position(s).

Two seasons of very poor linebacker performance is my key argument. The guy had zero experience coaching. Being a player turned coach is not always easy to transition. Actually, unless you knew as a player what to focus on, you probably ignored what the coaches were doing at the position(s).

Do you think Mo Barry, Colin Miller, and Will Honas have the ability to be much more as linebackers? I think the cupboard he's working w/ is as bare as bare can be. I don't know if he's a great coach or not, but I think it's fair to let him coach his own recruits to find out.

Last edited:
Do you think Mo Barry, Colin Miller, and Will Honas have the ability to be much more as linebackers? I think the cupboard he's working w/ is as bare as bare can be. I don't know if he's a great coach or not, but I think it's fair to let him coach his own recruits to find out.
You find your guys. Ruud is full of excuses and allows repetitive failure. Negative attitude and a steady hot air full of excuses from Ruud doesn't fix the problem. The guy should have coached elsewhere before Nebraska considered him. He's not cutting it and his lack of leadership is tearing up the DL. When linebackers suck at their job the DL has to play both jobs and it doesn't quite work that way. Cut the dead-weight.

Last edited:
You find your guys. Ruud is full of excuses and allows repetitive failure. Negative attitude and a steady hot air full of excuses from Ruud doesn't fix the problem. The guy should have coached elsewhere before Nebraska considered him. He's not cutting it and his lack of leadership is tearing up the DL. When linebackers suck at their job the DL has to play both jobs and it doesn't quite work that way. Cut the dead-weight.
Seems you have an axe to grind with just about everyone associated with Husker football. Talk about a "negative attitude" :rolleyes:

If wanting good football is a negative attitude in your book, then that's more about you than me.

No, its more about you being constantly negative.
Poor Red Dead Redemption. You aren't really a fan here to see the program reach a higher level. No, it is obvious from your remarks that you'd rather see the winning traditions go away. In your case you think winning is about always having the highest score. You don't know a person wanting the game improved over being mediocre. You'd rather label everyone as negative because you feel superior in every way. I'd rather put my energy encouraging winning strategies for this team, whereas you waste time trying to cull talk about the process. For someone that is all about other people and how they are stupid compared to yourself, you're too wrapped up in yourself to even begin to understand any of my messages. I pity people like you. So self absorbed.

This forum is about the Huskers. It is not about Red Dead Redemption's quest to stifle discussion. If you are too sensitive for the discussion then take it somewhere else. Following me and commenting on my every post really is about you.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back