• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a blessing?

I know all fans and definitely all the players wanted this game to happen. Is there a chance though that this was a blessing? Its seems NU has a lot of players (Omar Manning) struggling with a couple dings. If another week gets the team a bit healthier with more practice time for everyone else this could get us more ready for NW and beyond. I'm trying to find a way to be "glass half full".

I
I swear it just seems like since Scott rode into town, every bit of the universe is against him and this team. We need a few breaks.
217B893B-C21A-4A54-80DF-74F951F9C857.gif

I'm trying to find some sort of positive. I actually think when we look back on this season in a few years it may have done wonders for the program. The entire team will have a year to grow stronger and gain experience without losing eligibility. In time I think the young men with a true passion for football have gained a year that they will use wisely. Those not fully bought in will either simply leave a year of eligibility on the table, or not use it to their benefit.

I'm trying to find some sort of positive. I actually think when we look back on this season in a few years it may have done wonders for the program. The entire team will have a year to grow stronger and gain experience without losing eligibility. In time I think the young men with a true passion for football have gained a year that they will use wisely. Those not fully bought in will either simply leave a year of eligibility on the table, or not use it to their benefit.
I like the positive vibes.

It’s what the team makes of it. If they choose negativity, they can see it as a negative. If they are starting to become mentally tougher, they will realize that you can’t worry about the things outside your control. Instead, you laser focus on getting better, day by day, and getting ready for the game you do have a chance to play.

It sucks to lose a game in an already shortened season. But for every door that shuts, another one opens. Focus on Northwestern, personal, and team development. Take advantage of the opportunities that arise in 2020 and get past the setbacks.

No. Absolutely not a blessing. The boys want to play football and their season has already been cut short by the league. It sucks.

If we come out and play very well against Northwestern then we will at least have turned into some momentum. We simply need to win the winnable games we have left and stay healthy.

Everyone is presenting this as if we were on our way to a for sure victory, but from my perspetive, we were pretty evenly matched. They beat us with their 4th string quarterback....yikes. And they certainly might have. They are a top ten team.

I think we had a great chance to win. Play really well and I think we had a chance to win big.

Come out strong against Northwestern and launch into the rest of the year and it turns into momentum, but we just lost our 2nd hardest game of the entire year and that unbearable gauntlet to start the year we all felt was punishment from the conference just got a lot, lot easier.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back