• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is There Anyone Better?

Elwood von Kiowa

Major Fongbomb
10 Year Member
Can you imagine how things would be different over the past month or 6 if we had ANYONE else besides Scott Frost at HC? Think about it. Any of our past coaches, any coach from anywhere... I'm glad that SF is in the position he's in for such a time as this.
The passion with which he's attacking the obstacles; the connection he has to his home state. I can't imagine anyone better for the job. Maybe Devaney or a younger TO, but I think SF is better suited for this specific task then even those legends. If SF hadn't opposed KFW's misguided edict with such ferocity, we wouldn't even be talking about a B1G season right now.

I think Bill Moos has his house in order.

If SF hadn't opposed KFW's misguided edict with such ferocity, we wouldn't even be talking about a B1G season right now.
mmm... The B1G shut down NU pretty tightly IMO. Moos was pretty demure in his statement that NU will follow B1G rules following Warren's "if they play football it won't be in the big ten" statement. It wasn't until OSU voiced its disgruntlement that things started to move.

mmm... The B1G shut down NU pretty tightly IMO. Moos was pretty demure in his statement that NU will follow B1G rules following Warren's "if they play football it won't be in the big ten" statement. It wasn't until OSU voiced its disgruntlement that things started to move.
Moos was publicly quiet, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been active this whole time on a plan to play. It's been well documented that the entire program has been unified from Day 1, from Ted Carter on down to Garrett Snodgrass.

How long had it been since Frost's comment, "we're prepared to play in or out of conference", before OhSU took any action?

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is these conversations with conference leadership SHOULD be behind closed doors.

NU put Warren in an untenable position where he needed to say what he said.

Not excusing Warren for his lack of leadership ... for every behind closed door conversation Moos should be having with Warren ... Warren should be having 3 such conversations with Moos. Warren should be finding ways TO play football ... not the other way around. The conference should be an all-for-one and one-for-all organization.

I think tOSU broke ranks because they were not seeing the action that should have been happening and is only recently happening. Gene Smith to me is one of the best AD's in the country and I suspect he's been having significant behind-closed-door conversations with Karen.

Pelini could have been a hoot, especially when Desmond or Wilbon tried to tell him to shut the heck up or get out.
No - Pelini would've made it worse. SF has been pretty tight lipped recently in large part because there is light at the end of this tunnel ... don't do anything to F-it up! BP would've been a train wreck headed for that light!

I think it’s the other conferences playing that moved the needle on this. But if they end up sticking with Nov, then none of it mattered because we had this option a month ago.

Scott is doing everything right.

Now, we just need to see it translate on the field. And I’m not talking about a massive jump. I just want to see steadier, more solid, BASIC football from the players. And more steady, solid play calling and clock management from Scott. Get to a Bowl....steady improvement.

I liked Mike Riley as a gentleman but as a football coach and a recruiter to participate in the Big Ten, he was an absolutely awful fit, and we are paying the price for it. He recruited softer lighter California kids used to a different style of play. Was over enamored with star ratings and recruited other kids that were totally ill suited to the brutality of Big Ten play. His one decent season came with Pelini recruits, a Pelini QB, running basically a Pellini offense and defense.

I just pray that Nebraska fans have the patience to go five or six years before they really start to see Husker football return to any sense of relevance.

Because I hate to break it to everyone but if Scott can’t do it I’m just not sure who can.....

I don't know if he made as big a difference Ohio State did, but for sure he made some difference and he and Moos played Nebraska's hand as strong and well as could be done by anyone. The chancellor and president too. Our team and my school is being well served

Go Big Red!!!

Last edited:

And another point. I'm glad this all is happening when everyone from HCSF to his assistants to AD to Chancellor to President is on the same page and fighting for Husker Football. Can you imagine the message out of Memorial Stadium if this were the Perlman/Pedersen or Perlman/Eichorst scheiss show?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back