• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is the money there?

I know I’ll stop donating to the university if we keep changing coaches and ADs every 4 years. And then paying both millions for years after.

Now I’m not saying we need to stop these contributions. I’m just saying there is a lot of money available if a buyout is necessary.
It's too early for a buyout. If we start paying Frost's buyout, hire a new coach and then start the process of firing him, we may find ourselves in the situation of paying two $20 million buyouts at the same time. We should have a strict policy of only paying off one former coach at a time.
1634738364890.png

It's too early for a buyout. If we start paying Frost's buyout, hire a new coach and then start the process of firing him, we may find ourselves in the situation of paying two $20 million buyouts at the same time. We should have a strict policy of only paying off one former coach at a time. View attachment 71910
Kind of like bo and Riley. Lol. Although I think we lump summed Riley at some point

Frost's buyout will look inexpensive compared to:
-loss of season ticket renewals
-25% decrease in stadium game revenue
-decrease in media revenue
-marked decrease in Husker Brand related revenue (Jackets, blankets, wall hangings, etc)
-Closed donor wallets, both small and large

Then there is the small but very real threat that with conference realignment, DONU gets grouped, not with Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson, in the BIG 50 conference but with Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Duke, Maryland, and Syracuse on the outside.

Schools with tradition but no recent success and weak financial base to compete for NIL that would let them be successful against the Top 50 teams.

DONU has to get "back in the game" i.e. WIN and soon or we maybe left at the little kids table at Thanksgiving! And you better believe that Trev is worried about that!

GBR

Last edited:
Buyout might be a lot less depending on the NCAA investigation, or other clauses that allow NU to not be on the hook for the full ammt.

I know ‘for cause’ doesn’t include wins/losses, but maybe add a clause for needing to win X number of games. Do you think Frost would have flinched at signing an extension where there was a clause that he needed to make a bowl by year 4?

And I’ll stop donating….actually I’ve already reduced my donations…..if we continue with losing coaches. It’s kind of a catch 22 that Trev will need to make a decision on.

Well, guess that means Frosty’s a goner.

If we split the difference and can him mid-season next year, would you both be happy?

:Cheers:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back