• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is Taylor Martinez the starting QB next year?

TM starting QB next season?

• Yes

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Way too few options.

And the answer is yes, but I sincerely hope not. I would gladly sit through a year watching Carnes get his legs under him, or another QB that would actually give NU a chance to win the B1G and a bowl game.

As well, the question shouldn't be IS, but SHOULD.

Last edited:
I personnally thought Martinez played pretty well with the exception of one pass that was int. He will be the starter and should be. He gives us the best chance to win and will be better next year as he was this year from last. I dont understand why he keeps getting bashed especially after todays game. He did what he needed to to win the game. That loss was not on him

I personnally thought Martinez played pretty well with the exception of one pass that was int. He will be the starter and should be. He gives us the best chance to win and will be better next year as he was this year from last. I dont understand why he keeps getting bashed especially after todays game. He did what he needed to to win the game. That loss was not on him

I'd put more blame on the O-line for sure, but the fact that the biggest compliment you can pay TM is that he "gives us the best chance to win" speaks volumes. Nobody says that about guys like Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. Until NU has an exceptional QB again, I expect the offense to sputter.

I would love to see someone else- Carnes, Armstrong, KellogIII, Turner- beat him out. That would mean we would have a very good QB. But I don't see it happening. Yes, Martinez will be the starter next year.

Last edited:
I'd put more blame on the O-line for sure, but the fact that the biggest compliment you can pay TM is that he "gives us the best chance to win" speaks volumes. Nobody says that about guys like Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins. Until NU has an exceptional QB again, I expect the offense to sputter.

I agree with your statement, but Martinez will get better, if he gets beat out, fine. If he is the best Quarterback we have, fine. I will support whoever is out there. I just think Martinez will take big steps to get better. (Man I hope so anyway)

Short of him transferring in the offseason or breaking both femur's in a freak moving a TV accident, he is your starter the next two years at QB.

Last edited:
I'd sure like to hear from the handful of voters who voted no. What do you think is going to change next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back