• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is Nebraska Insight Bowl Bound???

Status
Not open for further replies.

We already had this discussion on another thread...just clicked on your link it says:

So yeah its false...

whoops, didn't see the other thread

then there was a screw up, no reason for that graphic and title to be on the official husker website

There's a very plausible explanation for this. Oftentimes when something is time sensitive and needs to go up right after an announcement, the company will build out multiple versions of the page and push the correct one live when the time comes. Chances are the Huskers.com team built out pages for the Outback, Insight, and Capital One bowls. They may have pushed one live on accident.

Thanks Newi makes sense...:)

There's a very plausible explanation for this. Oftentimes when something is time sensitive and needs to go up right after an announcement, the company will build out multiple versions of the page and push the correct one live when the time comes. Chances are the Huskers.com team built out pages for the Outback, Insight, and Capital One bowls. They may have pushed one live on accident.

about the only thing now that could screw things up would be if mich state were to somehow beat wisconsin (even then, it might not matter)... otherwise, capital one or outback.

Even if that happen,s unless Michigan is left out of the BCS, we would be in one of those....and the way today went down Michigan will be well within the Top 14....and Sugar Bowl bound...

about the only thing now that could screw things up would be if mich state were to somehow beat wisconsin (even then, it might not matter)... otherwise, capital one or outback.

i'm trying to figure out if there's any chance michigan doesn't move up 2 spots.

1. the loser of MSU-wisc will drop below michigan (but we'd be better served with MSU losing).
2. georgia will drop below michigan.
3. houston "should" drop below michigan.

that's 2 or likely 3 spots... #13 or #14... that gets 'em in.

however,

4. baylor could jump over michigan (they were only one spot below michigan gonig into today). i'd say that's better than 50/50 of happening.

that means #14 or #15... but most likely #14.

also,

5. what if clemson upsets vatech? they are 4 spots below michigan currently... any chance the tigers of clemson could leapfrog michigan with an upset?

if that happened, it very well could keep michigan out.

also,

6. probably a huge reach... but TCU is 2 spots below michigan... they did absolutely destroy a bad team in UNLV today... i doubt that will be enough, but i can't 100% rule out a jump...

last,

7. any chance oklahoma could drop below michigan if they lose to the cowboys tonight? if they win, obviously they won't. if they lose (and they are 7 spots ahead of michigan), there's a slim chance they could drop below michigan -- but they'd probably have to lose big.

it really comes down to how the polls handle michigan... that may determine nebraska's fate for a bowl game... and yes, the lean is in michigan moving up enough to qualify for a BCS bowl -- but it's not yet a lock.

Last edited:
considering there was zero excuse for losing to a truly bad texas team last season in lincoln... i would never, ever buy into any idea of handling the horns -- let alone beating them. texas is the absolute last team i'd want to face.

Hard to argue that point, lol.

i'm trying to figure out if there's any chance michigan doesn't move up 2 spots.

1. the loser of MSU-wisc will drop below michigan (but we'd be better served with MSU losing).
2. georgia will drop below michigan.
3. houston "should" drop below michigan.

that's 2 or likely 3 spots... #13 or #14... that gets 'em in.

however,

4. baylor could jump over michigan (they were only one spot below michigan gonig into today). i'd say that's better than 50/50 of happening.

that means #14 or #15... but most likely #14.

also,

5. what if clemson upsets vatech? they are 4 spots below michigan currently... any chance the tigers of clemson could leapfrog michigan with an upset?

if that happened, it very well could keep michigan out.

also,

6. probably a huge reach... but TCU is 2 spots below michigan... they did absolutely destroy a bad team in UNLV today... i doubt that will be enough, but i can't 100% rule out a jump...

last,

7. any chance oklahoma could drop below michigan if they lose to the cowboys tonight? if they win, obviously they won't. if they lose (and they are 7 spots ahead of michigan), there's a slim chance they could drop below michigan -- but they'd probably have to lose big.

it really comes down to how the polls handle michigan... that may determine nebraska's fate for a bowl game... and yes, the lean is in michigan moving up enough to qualify for a BCS bowl -- but it's not yet a lock.

Good analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back