• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is Nebraska going to be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerRedDread

Blackshirt
10 Year Member
Schik & Nick have been discussing Martinez and him being the answer to this question.

Played a round table discussion (not sure who it was as I came in at the end) where's they were going "all in" on Martinez's throwing motion and mentioning that Martinez took a huge step back. Schik & Nick argues that they don't think he took a step back other than the big plays on the ground.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/nrgmedia/player_gla1.php?callsign=KOZNAM

Nick mentioned that he think's Martinez's decision making has gotten better. I think that is debatable but that's just me.

I think that this has been discussed quite a bit on this board. However, I don't see any reason at this time to be overly optimistic regarding the progress of Taylor and our offense. I wish we would have had a spring game. I was looking forward to seeing what our offense could do in that game.

I think that this has been discussed quite a bit on this board. However, I don't see any reason at this time to be overly optimistic regarding the progress of Taylor and our offense. I wish we would have had a spring game. I was looking forward to seeing what our offense could do in that game.

True......I agree. I just thought it was weird that I tuned in and that was the subject being discussed. As I was driving to my office they were interviewing Bill Cosby. I sign onto my computer and that was the subject. I was wondering did something recent happen where as Martinez has showcase his progression or lack of in some workout or something. Why would that be a subject being discussed at the moment?

Schik & Nick have been discussing Martinez and him being the answer to this question.

Played a round table discussion (not sure who it was as I came in at the end) where's they were going "all in" on Martinez's throwing motion and mentioning that Martinez took a huge step back. Schik & Nick argues that they don't think he took a step back other than the big plays on the ground.

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/nrgmedia/player_gla1.php?callsign=KOZNAM

Nick mentioned that he think's Martinez's decision making has gotten better. I think that is debatable but that's just me.

Martinez's throwing motion is soon becoming a mythical Husker legend, right up there with Mike Stunz's Girlfriend :wow::wow::wow:

I'm confused, are they saying he took a huge step back last season in passing or a huge step back this offseason?

dont listen to their rapola !!!!! Really dont listen to UFC either.

I'm confused, are they saying he took a huge step back last season in passing or a huge step back this offseason?

Shick and Nick were discussing the college game day bash fest that happened yesterday I believe....they didn't feel that Taylor had any regression last season but does need to improve in several areas. Although I do agree Taylor needs to improve for us to be successful, I wouldn't say he regressed last season.

But to answer your question Game day stated that Taylor took a huge step back last season..

Shick and Nick were discussing the college game day bash fest that happened yesterday I believe....they didn't feel that Taylor had any regression last season but does need to improve in several areas. Although I do agree Taylor needs to improve for us to be successful, I wouldn't say he regressed last season.

But to answer your question Game day stated that Taylor took a huge step back last season..

OK, just watched that clip. I think they are correct in that there needs to be improvement. It's weird though, there are times last year watching Taylor where I felt like he had improved and was making his reads, yet at other times, and especially in the running game I felt like he had regressed. This year will tell the tale IMO, second year in this system, 3rd year as starter, now's his time to shine, he needs to go grab it.

I agree with Will.I.Am that Martinez did not necessarily regress last season. There were forces that worked against the entire Husker team last year. It was our first year in the B1G Ten. The offense was implementing a new system by Tim Beck (big learning curve). We opened up conference play and got blown out. Taylor played poorly in that game but so did the whole team. Jared Crick and Dennard were hurt. The defensive secondary was a mess at times. We had little or no pass rush in many games. The list goes on.

I like our chances to improve upon the 9-4 record of last season. Taylor clearly will have a better grasp on the playbook as will his teammates. The Huskers also will know what to expect in terms of conference play. The schedule is difficult once again, but it looks like it will be tough every year in the B1G Ten.

The embarrassing losses to Wisconsin and Michigan have everyone thinking we had problems adjusting to the Big 10. That was not the case at all imo... This team would have had some bad losses in any conference last year. The coaching was not great last year and the experience level was low with the players.

Huskers finish 12-1 this year...IF the coaching improves and we avoid major injury issues.

The embarrassing losses to Wisconsin and Michigan have everyone thinking we had problems adjusting to the Big 10. That was not the case at all imo... This team would have had some bad losses in any conference last year. The coaching was not great last year and the experience level was low with the players.

Huskers finish 12-1 this year...IF the coaching improves and we avoid major injury issues.

I'd take that...but those are a couple of big if's. The road games to Columbus, East Lansing, and even Evanston will be a challenge and Mich, Wisky and Penn St at home will be no gimmes either.

The Impaler:931644 said:

OK, just watched that clip. I think they are correct in that there needs to be improvement. It's weird though, there are times last year watching Taylor where I felt like he had improved and was making his reads, yet at other times, and especially in the running game I felt like he had regressed. This year will tell the tale IMO, second year in this system, 3rd year as starter, now's his time to shine, he needs to go grab it.

I agree his running game dropped off quite a bit. This will be the year to take the training wheels off. There is no more excuses for him. But i will say the espn gameday crew went to far with the criticism. It might have been true but it was very unprofessional.

Martinez's throwing motion is soon becoming a mythical Husker legend, right up there with Mike Stunz's Girlfriend :wow::wow::wow:

I'm confused by that comparison. Was Mike Stunz's girlfriend all crooked and awkward? :)

(And who is/was Mike Stuntz?)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back