• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it time to go home?

I HATE the big ten, i hate watching NU play at purdue, when NU left the big 12 they were at least in back to back big12 title games, shoulda woulda coulda won both of those games. Since Nebraska has left the big 12 it has been nothing but down hill, Nebraska HAS to get back to recruiting Texas. I DONT CARE about the money, Nebraska would and was making plenty of money playing in orange bowl after orange bowl. I dont care about purdue or northwestern or indiana. Bring back Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas state, much more fun and Much more passion playing those teams.

I hope we stay in the Big 10. I feel it's a better conference and over time teams like Illinois and Minnesota will become better rivals than what we had in the Big 8/12. Sure I miss the Vermin game, the Sooners and KSU... but we got plenty to look forward to in the future here like the Ditch Chickens, etc.

id rather be poor and happy winning then rich and not winning.
That's the type of comments I find really weird. Our football success has nothing to do with the B1G other than expose our stupid firing/hiring decisions. Do you really believe we would have beat northern Illinois by being in the Big 12? No won at the same rate in the B1G as he did in the Big 12

Start winning our division and the BIG conference will look a lot different to many of our fans. Only thing the BIG did was highlight how absolutely ROCK BOTTOM our program as gotten the past 6 years. The way we've played Nebraska wouldn't have been favored to win the MAC let along any P5 conference imo.

I'm not a fan of the BIG for many reasons but not winning games we should isn't one of them!

The best hope for stability and a better cultural fit would be for the Power 5 to break away from the NCAA and to reorganize in a more coherent fashion. That might afford the opportunity to align teams according to geography. Most of the real rivalries are regional in nature so the traditional conferences could serve as the backbone for that. Eight eight-team pods that each get one slot in a playoff would be fun. Maybe we get the old Big 8 back then (one can dream, right?).

I think this is what will happen, eventually. Getting local teams back would be fun.

Wish NU was winning in the B1G, in the interim.

I think this is what will happen, eventually. Getting local teams back would be fun.

Wish NU was winning in the B1G, in the interim.
I agree. I don't think the Power 5 separating from the NCAA is all that far in the future and reassessing structure will be a part of that. If revenue sharing is done equitably, conference affiliation won't mean all that much. It will make much more sense to regionalize it. And, if you only count intra-pod games toward winning a spot in the playoff, there won't be any reason to fear playing someone good outside your pod. The other thing I like about it is that pod size could easily be 8, 9 or 10 allowing for 64, 72 or 80 "Power" teams. I don't think there is a need for more than 72 spots. Expansion targets are hard to identify beyond the 65 teams already in the Power 5 structure.

That's the type of comments I find really weird. Our football success has nothing to do with the B1G other than expose our stupid firing/hiring decisions. Do you really believe we would have beat northern Illinois by being in the Big 12? No won at the same rate in the B1G as he did in the Big 12
maybe you missed my analogy. would you rather be sad and rich with no wife and kids or happy and poor with a wife and kids? majority will take the wife with kids and being poor but happy. sure you could be rich as well. but that's always a long shot and money never guarantees happiness..

at the end of the day, everyone in football is happy when your winning, and right now were not winning. hence the reference to rich and poor. this is where were at in husker history, it just is what it is.

Playing bad football has zero to do with what conference we are in.

With football as the driver of this discussion, you can't run back to the UT Conference when you are getting your butt whipped in the B1G.
1- it just looks bad.
2- T-ass is still T-ass and they will continue to ruin every conference they are a member of.

I do like the idea Dave Feit floated awhile back about the non-revenue sports playing in a more regionally aligned conference to save travel costs for those sports (stay in the B1G for football, BB, and volleyball). The B1G would poo poo it and the ESPN talking heads would wail about it until it catches on across the NCAA then they would hail it as a great idea.

I, personally, would love to see NU go back to the Big XII for baseball.

Overall, I think the play is to wait for a large shift in conference realignment and make the move then. I do think it is on the horizon.

The answer? No effin way.

There are a lot of revisionist historians here. We were only in the Little XII what 14 or 15 years? We survived quite well before we got into it and recruited different areas instead of Texas before. I seem to recall we recruited New Orleans, NJ, Cally and the West quite well. It is nice to pull the kids out of Texas but we do not need to be in a conference with the Texas teams to get kids from there. We did quite well in the Big 8 as well for quite a long time as well.

People forget how bad we got hosed at aTm. How Oh Ewe was approached by Oz to continue playing us and Castiglione said, no, we are too chicken ---- to when we were destroying the Sooners in the mid to late 90s. I miss the rivalry but eff Oh Ewe. They hooked their wagon to the Whorns. Oh well. And lest we forget how the conference catered to Texa$. Does anyone remember :01? Nope. They burned the bridge. Screw them.

That being said, nothing at all appealing about playing in the B1G West. Nothing. I wish we would go independent to be honest.

And look what they backfilled with: TCU and West Virginia. :Facepalm:
In fairness, there was not much to choose from that was left available to be had. They should have just added Houston and TCU. West Virginia is just an odd fit. Basically, half of the old SWC and half of the old Big 8.

Be it timing, fate or just good luck, ever since we moved to the B1G, we haven't been subjected to the buck-toothed, biased, "whishle-my-eshesh" windbag, Brent Musburger. That alone is worth the move to the Big Ten. I used to turn down the sound on Black Friday's OK game because of him. Thank God we got Keith Jackson once in a while!
Moderator: Sorry if this is to much of an attack. Will remove if it's too offensive. :)

I honestly do not care where Nebraska plays football...but can they just win some more games. :thumbsup:

tenor.gif
Never liked the attitude... well can’t win here so I’m taking my ball and going home

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back