• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it time to go home?

Honestly would love to see this happen only if the big 12 went to the same way the big 10 does TV rights.... hate the big 12 free for all .... basically Texas doesn't have a care in the world but about themselves. Would also like to see Missouri and Colorado come back too... don' t care if A&M comes back. Heck just move Texas out too and we slide into their place

I honestly do not care where Nebraska plays football...but can they just win some more games. :thumbsup:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

For it to even begin to be feasible you would have to have another P5 level program to join with you. Arkansas, A&M, Missouri, or Colorado. The only team from a non P5 conference that would be a legitimate expansion partner would be BYU.

And you would need a legitimate option for TV broadcast. The BTN beats the heck out of multiple PPV games. People have developed short memories about how much those sucked and how frequently it was happening.

I would be opposed to any move until we did something on the field. If we left as a loser, we would be branded as having left with our tails between our legs.

For it to even begin to be feasible you would have to have another P5 level program to join with you. Arkansas, A&M, Missouri, or Colorado. The only team from a non P5 conference that would be a legitimate expansion partner would be BYU.

And you would need a legitimate option for TV broadcast. The BTN beats the heck out of multiple PPV games. People have developed short memories about how much those sucked and how frequently it was happening.

I would be opposed to any move until we did something on the field. If we left as a loser, we would be branded as having left with our tails between our legs.
Haven’t forgot.When it appeared like the big 12 was going to implode,the big 10 offered financial security.We got a lifeline,but don’t fit in the conference. I never did and still don’t like the big 10.we made our bed.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

They aren’t going back, so we just have to accept it, hope they can figure it out, and go forward. I think, they don’t really fit in the BIG, but it’s what we have. All that crap went down so fast in 2010 that quick decisions were made. Oftentimes these types of decisions take years. NU did it in weeks, months. There was a lot of pressure to move.

Athletically it sucks, money wise and academically it’s better for the U. It’s what it is, but I absolutely hate this league. Has nothing to do with not winning either, I just hated losing the only thing I had known. Miss driving to games, can’t really do that now. I have been to every stadium in the old Big 12, except texas. While I still watch loyally, I don’t care like I used to. Just have to accept it I guess, no other choice.

I haven't forgotten.

Pre-BTN, I caught maybe 4 Husker games a year on TV. My dad (in Neb.) would record them to VHS tapes, or eventually to disc, and he'd mail them to me. I'd still only get maybe 7 games a year and I'd be watching them the following Wednesday night.

BTN is worth the move alone.

I would argue that football and maybe baseball are the only sports where it sucks more to be in the big ten... otherwise its fine... football however might trump everything else

Discussions like this only exist because Nebraska is a bad football team. There would be no talk of returning to the Big 12 if we were winning. That article would have never been written if we were most years in position to win the West division. Doesn't mean many won't always have fond memories of the Big 8/12, but this is a really a "I'll take my ball and go home" discussion -- that we've had many, many times in recent years.

Last edited:

Discussions like this only exist because Nebraska is a bad football team. There would be no talk of returning to the Big 12 if we were winning. That article would have never been written if we were most years in position to win the West division. Doesn't mean many won't always have fond memories of the Big 8/12, but this is a really a "I'll take my ball and go home" discussion -- that we've had many, many times in recent years.

You're right, but even if we start winning this fall, I don't know if I'll live long enough to become 'comfortable' or 'fond' of being in the B1G. This is 100% personal opinion, since I know the money is better, yada, yada, yada, but being in the B1G has always felt like two left shoes to me.

It just feels wrong.

You are correct. However, when decisions are made, bad decisions can go with that. NU is a bad team, and if they were winning we’d all be happy, no matter the conference.

No matter how you slice this, Nebraska fit much better in the Big 12 than it does in the BIG. I think that is really not even arguable. It gave up 100 years of history, for basically more money and security. Now, with zero history, far reaching opponents, and a bad team, people see how out of place they really are. It’s like the are just wallering in abyss.

It’s like choosing the hot ass woman, then, figuring out you probably shouldn’t have made that choice because tons of issues came with it, and you just aren’t happy unless you’re banging her. Might have been better to go with the 7, instead of the 10 (on the surface).

I was a fan of moving to the Big 10, but I am not anymore. Recent events have me 100% against the Big 10, winning or losing plays no part in my feelings.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back