• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is it just me....

His comments didn't bother me at all. I wish he would have stayed, and I won't be even a little bit surprised if he has a great season.

Don't read anything into it.
I’m the biggest AM fan and I’m glad he left. His fate with Nebraska fans have been sealed. Everyone believes he’s a great person but his record is essentially tied to SF’s. Some believe SF has failed because of AM. I think the majority of the fans appreciate him but the jury is out yet on the Nebraska issues.

Whatever the case, I wish him well. Hopefully, he will find that “win it in the fourth quarter” killer instinct that has been lacking the last four years.

Another headline on Huskermax is an article suggesting that Nebraska’s success this coming year is going to depend on the transfers. That’s not exactly an indication that we were loaded with talent on the roster. We had talent. But maybe not enough in the right places.
That has been noted several times over. AM has never been surrounded by talent. The SF tenure has been 4 years of him upgrading talent. We are going into a 5th year and turning over a huge roster. It needs to happen this year. Actually it needed to happen a few years ago but we’ve given SF a long rope.

That has been noted several times over. AM has never been surrounded by talent. The SF tenure has been 4 years of him upgrading talent. We are going into a 5th year and turning over a huge roster. It needs to happen this year. Actually it needed to happen a few years ago but we’ve given SF a long rope.

And you noted it yet again. I agree, the SF tenure has been characterized by an attempt to upgrade overall team talent to compete in the B1G. So far, the results have been mixed. Hopefully, this year will show some results.

I don’t recall you giving Frost any slack in the proverbial rope. But yes, the administration, and the vast majority of fans have given SF a long rope.

Last edited:

I tried to tell people to…

let-him-go-mr-miyagi.gif

Last edited:

And you noted it yet again. I agree, the SF tenure has been characterized by an attempt to upgrade overall team talent to compete in the B1G. So far, the results have been mixed. Hopefully, this year will show some results.

I don’t recall you giving Frost any slack in the proverbial rope. But yes, the administration, and the vast majority of fans have given SF a long rope.
Mixed results? It’s no wonder we disagree. Calling anything SF has done as short of a disaster through 4 years is a compliment. Our overall lost production relative to gained production through the transfer portal has been a disaster. Three straight years we have lost a guy who was our highest producer at his position. But heck let’s ignore facts.

Mixed results? It’s no wonder we disagree. Calling anything SF has done as short of a disaster through 4 years is a compliment. Our overall lost production relative to gained production through the transfer portal has been a disaster. Three straight years we have lost a guy who was our highest producer at his position. But heck let’s ignore facts.
Yeah, I agree. The results have been mixed. I hope we see a big jump forward this year. After all, we gave SF a long rope. :Banana::Banana:

It certainly isn’t just you. I don’t understand why he felt the need to possibly burn bridges as he left UNL.He is entitled to his opinion. I wish him well.Keep the faith.GBR.
And I don’t understand what bridges were still intact to start with.

And as RR noted, he did use the word “probably”. Which is certainly different than “definitely” or “certainly” and gives his guys a pump while not slamming UNL directly.

Let’s let this molehill be a molehill.

The results haven’t been mixed, they’ve been outright bad, terrible. Not one person on this board expected what we’ve seen. Not one. Everyone has been wrong.

Last edited:

If Martinez had stayed here this year, this upcoming Nebraska team would have been the most talented squad he'd have been a part of and probably better than KSUs. There really isn't much lacking right now for talent other than some o line depth. Can't ask for too much more to make a run at a solid winning season here, the transfer portal has seemingly solidified most of the position groups.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back