• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Iowa becoming the B1G version of Colorado?

Iowa sure likes to beat their chest and say they have beaten down nebr, and indeed they have won a few in a row now, but over the last 16-17 years under Kirk Ferentz, they have had prob their best run of records ever for a span that long. They've done pretty well.

Likewise Nebr hasnt had a run this bad in approx 60 years, yet our records over the last 16-17 years are about the same. Is your football glass half full or half empty ?

upload_2019-5-1_19-40-26.jpeg

A little shade being thrown in Council Bluffs

Last edited:
I did have a Hawkeye fan see my hat and come up to me last year in Cabela's near Denver and tell me how much he hated Nebraska. At least he didn't kick in the rear panel of my pickup like a sCUm fan did in Boulder.

I did have a Hawkeye fan see my hat and come up to me last year in Cabela's near Denver and tell me how much he hated Nebraska.

Good for him for sharing his feelings. His nose is about to be rubbed in it over, and over, and over and over.

I consider IA a speed bump on the way to dominating our division..... Lets review how this series stands over the next 5 years!

No, I don't think there's many teams/fans that are as bad as Colorado was. They were downright vile.

Iowa and their fans are nowhere near that bad, they just like to rub our faces in their recent winning streak. And rightfully so. The level of arrogance some Nebraska fans display across various message boards and forums is pretty embarrassing because to this day, they still have the audacity to talk down to Iowa fans as if we're somehow better than them. We're not really better than anyone at this point. We're kind of just another team trying to make it.

It doesn't matter what we did in the 90's; it doesn't matter how many national championships we have and how many they don't. Right now, they're better than us and that's all that matters.

I consider IA a speed bump on the way to dominating our division..... Lets review how this series stands over the next 5 years!
if NU wins all 5 They will be 5 -4 over the last decade

No, I don't think there's many teams/fans that are as bad as Colorado was. They were downright vile.

Iowa and their fans are nowhere near that bad, they just like to rub our faces in their recent winning streak. And rightfully so. The level of arrogance some Nebraska fans display across various message boards and forums is pretty embarrassing because to this day, they still have the audacity to talk down to Iowa fans as if we're somehow better than them. We're not really better than anyone at this point. We're kind of just another team trying to make it.

It doesn't matter what we did in the 90's; it doesn't matter how many national championships we have and how many they don't. Right now, they're better than us and that's all that matters.
Actually there's a lot of people that would disagree with your statement it doesn't matter what the Nebraska program has done over they years. It certainly does matter in the grand scheme and why Nebraska is still an iconic program while IA is not. We've been down and no one disputes that fact including our new HC. However ask him if the NC in 97 matters? I'll bet he would say it certainly does matter and makes our program special.

Lets see where things stand between the respective teams over the next 5 years.....

I’m going to remain silent about anyone wishing to pee on our collective shoes until we win something again. Anything. Ten games even. I can’t get too riled up about jabs when NU is 8-16 over the last two years.
LOL. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Wisconsin thinks Nebraska fans are "Colorado-type' annoying. ;)

What bothers me is that the school colors for sCUm, Misery, & Iowegia are all the same as my HS Alma Mater.........as well as the Armpitsburgh Squealers........:Banghead:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back