• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Illinois a must win game?

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
I think yes, given what’s happened. Not to mention it’s Illinois, with an entire new staff and way of doing things. Should Nebraska lose this game, it would almost ensure a no better than 2-2 start. I think they almost have to start 3-1, and maybe 4-1, so they can reach 6. Also, 4-1, with a close loss to Oklahoma, would have this teams confidence pretty high heading into the last half of the season. I kind of see it like, wow, what happens if they do lose to Illinois? It would be hard to overcome it is how I’m seeing it. Losing to a team with much less talent, and a brand new coach would be tough to swallow. Must win? Definitely, because the alternative is kinda ugly.

I think yes, given what’s happened. Not to mention it’s Illinois, with an entire new staff and way of doing things. Should Nebraska lose this game, it would almost ensure a no better than 2-2 start. I think they almost have to start 3-1, and maybe 4-1, so they can reach 6. Also, 4-1, with a close loss to Oklahoma, would have this teams confidence pretty high heading into the last half of the season. I kind of see it like, wow, what happens if they do lose to Illinois? It would be hard to overcome it is how I’m seeing it. Losing to a team with much less talent, and a brand new coach would be tough to swallow. Must win? Definitely, because the alternative is kinda ugly.
Yes.

Illinois will be a tough win.

Offense will still be finding itself, lots of new faces, talented but learning to work with each other.

This win will require plus two on turnovers from the Blackshirts and at least very good field position from the Special Teams.

Then it becomes clear why AD moos is brilliant in getting the Fordham game for the next week in Lincoln.

Secondarily it is much needed for money reasons for the Athletic Department and for the city of Lincoln.

But this is an execution game for the offense.

They will get more than 80 snaps on offense, where they can work on running the offense in game situations.

This is absolutely critical for the 2021 season, the "Akron game" for this year, and will set us up for the season ahead as the O-line especially learns to work as a 6-8 man unit.

With a narrow win at Illinois and the Fordham game providing experience, we play Oklahoma man up and physical, like Army did a few years ago, and they won't like it.

Then we have an excellent chance in every game through to OSU, with Martinez's health being the wild card to a very good season.

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back