• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is honesty not acceptable?

I would argue that the lower paid coach has the duty of a good worth ethic same as the higher paid coach. The difference is the school paying the higher amo

I think you missed the assignment. You can’t just name players and claim they were given preferential treatment. You have to identify their alternate and provide the evidence to support that other person was better then the player SF chose to play.

The “best” player is a subjective call. Not many on this board attend practices and have the talent evaluation experience to second guess SF’s choices. They simply look at the failure of the offense to move the ball and assume the staff is too stupid to realize their best players are stuck on the bench.

Sometimes it happens. Eric Crouch was in that position for a few games. But I’m not convinced yet that SF is playing his inferior players out of favoritism or stupidity.

You are asking for evidence knowing it is impossible to get. Nobody on this board except for *** is able to even get a glimpse inside the program.

C

Yeah. I didn’t figure you could meet the challenge. AM might be the best QB or not. But none of us are in a position to truly know. MW may have benefited from favorable treatment or not. Again, most of us don’t have the inside track to know the truth.

As far as my opinion being the only one that matters, far from it. I was suggesting that people may be getting too invested in their own opinions without recognizing its 95% speculation, relying on things they know nothing about.
Lol, what challenge? You say that no one is in a position to have an opinion except the coaches...so anyone that questions them is automatically wrong. That's not a challenge, it is 100% subservient to the coaches opinions. This may shock you, but we have a very, very, inexperienced staff. The opinions they hold now, may very well be different as they grow in their knowledge...much like TO opinions changed. Questioning aspects of what they do is very understandable. You have SF's opinion and that's fine, don't expect everyone to share it. Another season like this one and you just might form one of your own.

The effort should be the same. The results are expected to be better. Higher salary should equate to strong track record, a successful group of assistants, relationships that add more talent to the staff, a status that can attract quality players. Higher salary doesn’t mean a 70 hour work week, as opposed to a 50 hour one for lower paid.
That's fantasyland in any business. You really think the Secretary/Personal Assistant in a local company making $20/hour should be giving the same effort as the Secretary/Personal Assistant of some Billionaire that makes $150,000 per year? Get real, they'd be fired quickly if they did.

You are asking for evidence knowing it is impossible to get. Nobody on this board except for *** is able to even get a glimpse inside the program.

C

Now that’s a wise observation. And that’s my point. No one can see into what’s happening in the program, yet they demand the firing of staff or different players to play instead of the starters chosen by the staff.

Now that’s a wise observation. And that’s my point. No one can see into what’s happening in the program, yet they demand the firing of staff or different players to play instead of the starters chosen by the staff.

Then just state your opinion. Let me ask you this, please provide evidence that players were not given preferential treatment.

C

Lol, what challenge? You say that no one is in a position to have an opinion except the coaches...so anyone that questions them is automatically wrong. That's not a challenge, it is 100% subservient to the coaches opinions. This may shock you, but we have a very, very, inexperienced staff. The opinions they hold now, may very well be different as they grow in their knowledge...much like TO opinions changed. Questioning aspects of what they do is very understandable. You have SF's opinion and that's fine, don't expect everyone to share it. Another season like this one and you just might form one of your own.

No. Everyone can have an opinion. But not everyone’s opinion is correct.

The fan base has the choice of believing that SF can turn this around, but it will take time, or believing that, after year 2 we have enough information to conclude hiring him was a disastrous mistake. If given a choice of going with the opinions of a bunch of negative fans who really have no real basis for their opinions, or the staff who sees these players every day at practice and has had success in the past, I’m going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt for now.

If next year and the year after that, we continue to look like we did this year, then I think the negative fans may have a pretty good body of evidence to support their opinion that SF is not going to be able to turn the program around. The negative fans will have been validated.

If we begin to play good football and start winning 8-10 wins each year, then those who preached patience will be validated.

My “opinion” is that I want Frost to succeed. He has 5 years on his contract and i expect he will be given more time to succeed than any prior coach in the post Osborne era. If it doesn’t work out, we will be better positioned to bring in someone to replace him if he received support and a reasonable time to fix the program.

Then just state your opinion. Let me ask you this, please provide evidence that players were not given preferential treatment.

C

I can’t. But I never argued that they were or they were not. But I’m not going to claim one way or the other without some basis.

The difference is that people making accusations that have the potential to harm the program should carry the burden of proof, in my humble opinion. People who argue the program is in a shambles and the best players aren’t given a fair shot at playing time should have SOME rational basis for these claims. People who claim there’s going to be a mad rush for the transfer portal now that the season is over should have some factual support for their assertions. Those kinds of rumors can impact recruiting in a negative way.

People are demanding coaches be fired and players be benched in favor of other players. That’s all fine, it’s a fan forum after all. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But when we are asking for livelihoods to be uprooted and second guessing coaches on roster choices, we might want to have a little humility and recognize how little we really know about the inner secrets of the program.

I can’t. But I never argued that they were or they were not. But I’m not going to claim one way or the other without some basis.

The difference is that people making accusations that have the potential to harm the program should carry the burden of proof, in my humble opinion. People who argue the program is in a shambles and the best players aren’t given a fair shot at playing time should have SOME rational basis for these claims. People who claim there’s going to be a mad rush for the transfer portal now that the season is over should have some factual support for their assertions. Those kinds of rumors can impact recruiting in a negative way.

People are demanding coaches be fired and players be benched in favor of other players. That’s all fine, it’s a fan forum after all. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. But when we are asking for livelihoods to be uprooted and second guessing coaches on roster choices, we might want to have a little humility and recognize how little we really know about the inner secrets of the program.

Nothing any chuckle head posts on this site, including myself, has any impact on the program. You are right, people upset at those who are critical of SF need some humility and realize we are not that important or influential.

C

Last edited:

That's fantasyland in any business. You really think the Secretary/Personal Assistant in a local company making $20/hour should be giving the same effort as the Secretary/Personal Assistant of some Billionaire that makes $150,000 per year? Get real, they'd be fired quickly if they did.
Why would you make one person salaried and the other hourly? Try and make a comparison with similar traits and duties, like one expects from head football coaches. You might as well have made it a comparison of a middle school head coach and a P5.

No. Everyone can have an opinion. But not everyone’s opinion is correct.

The fan base has the choice of believing that SF can turn this around, but it will take time, or believing that, after year 2 we have enough information to conclude hiring him was a disastrous mistake. If given a choice of going with the opinions of a bunch of negative fans who really have no real basis for their opinions, or the staff who sees these players every day at practice and has had success in the past, I’m going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt for now.

If next year and the year after that, we continue to look like we did this year, then I think the negative fans may have a pretty good body of evidence to support their opinion that SF is not going to be able to turn the program around. The negative fans will have been validated.

If we begin to play good football and start winning 8-10 wins each year, then those who preached patience will be validated.

My “opinion” is that I want Frost to succeed. He has 5 years on his contract and i expect he will be given more time to succeed than any prior coach in the post Osborne era. If it doesn’t work out, we will be better positioned to bring in someone to replace him if he received support and a reasonable time to fix the program.
Gosh...you seem awfully paranoid for Scott. I don't see anyone calling for his dismissal and lots of guys, including me, saying we think he's the right guy but needs more time for various reasons. That's a whole different topic than what we were talking about, which was has he been treating all the players equally/fairly. You've said no one else can know that and SF is right, always. I think we've seen plenty to judge what we think and we aren't de facto wrong. Think what you like, but let others think what they like as well...SF isn't always correct and IMO a small issue of his is how he's been dealing with some players. He'll get better at it..Solich & TO had player issues early on in their careers too.

Last edited:
Put it this way...…..if your wife needs to lose weight...….you don't tell her and you certainly don't announce it to her friends.

I’m not convinced yet that SF is playing his inferior players out of favoritism or stupidity.

The idea that people think he has better players he just doesn’t like or isn’t smart enough to play, blows my mind. He may have more talented individuals that don’t do the right things or aren’t practicing well and this not earning playing time.

He wants to win.

Worse than any of us do.

The only thing we know for sure is we have a losing record SF's first 2 seasons. I can only judge what I see on game day and it for the most part it obviously wasn't very good imo. So now it's time for the program to lick it's wounds and regear for next season. I don't believe there will be any significant changes if any and we might well see more of the same next season. :mad:

IMO the only place fans can and do have an impact is if a HC stays or goes. When enough fans are fed up with results the admin will make changes especially at Nebraska. A stadium filled every home game with 90k disgusted fans will eventually show their displeasure at seeing poor football being played. We're not at that point but Huskers need to do more then simply showing up and losing.

Last edited:
The idea that people think he has better players he just doesn’t like or isn’t smart enough to play, blows my mind. He may have more talented individuals that don’t do the right things or aren’t practicing well and this not earning playing time.

He wants to win.

Worse than any of us do.

The only thing that really annoys me is running the same ILBs out there over and over again.

Let’s say they love Luke Reimer’s athleticism/potential and he shows out in practice, but they’re concerned about being in the right spot. Instead, you keep using the same backers that are getting picked apart in the pass game over and over again. Sure, they know where they need to be, but they can’t get there or do the job when they do.

At least Reimer, from an athletic standpoint, gives you an opportunity to be there and make a play. They burned his redshirt on ST and then mostly failed (aside from Terps) to get him more experience on defense. It feels like they wasted Reimer’s year without at least giving him a good look on D.

That’s the only player that I think they could have given a harder look. Oh, and McCaffrey after we went three and out thirty times in a row against Iowa.

Put it this way...…..if your wife needs to lose weight...….you don't tell her and you certainly don't announce it to her friends.
Wife busy a sweater for the dog and asks the husband, "Does this sweater make the dog look fat or is it just me?" Husband answers, "No, it's just you."
Wrong answer!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back