• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Bolt the Guy to Lead NU Back

So what is going on with Erstad ? I keep picking up vibs from the radio guys and their guests that he is not an option based on "things heard the last few days". Not saying he would be my choice as HC. I think he has potentail but needs to earn some strips as an assistant for a while. Just seems that there is something floating out there then no one in the know want to talk about. Anyone else feeling this at all?

If Will Bolt is hired, I suspect that he might give Erstad a chance. However, Erstad didn't exactly have a banner year working with the hitters this year.

That will happen when the head coach tells hitters they can't swing at anything that isn't straight on a 3 - 1 count, even if they are dead red sitting on a curveball. Really handcuffs the hitters and takes the playing out of it and makes it more thinking.

Lot more going on behind the scenes then people know, I could argue our hitting would have been worse without Erstad if you can believe that. Calling out our hitting with Erstad is like the people that were alledging that Osborne was taking a nap and was oblivious to the baseball team and wasn't going to make a coaching change. You don't fire a coach mid-season unless major violations have occured.

We have to decide if we want a Will Bolt with Nebraska ties, or a great assistant at a powerhouse school. Quite honestly there isn't a bad decision in these 3. We are a stepping stone job except for someone such as Erstad (who could have been paid to be an assistant coach elsewhere), or someone with ties (even though I believe Bolt wouldn't be a lifer either). I would take Bolt, his enthusiasm would be a refreshing change from the MA era and kids would relate well since there isn't as big of an age gap. But I would definetely not be upset to take an assistant from a top program.

That will happen when the head coach tells hitters they can't swing at anything that isn't straight on a 3 - 1 count, even if they are dead red sitting on a curveball. Really handcuffs the hitters and takes the playing out of it and makes it more thinking.

Lot more going on behind the scenes then people know, I could argue our hitting would have been worse without Erstad if you can believe that. Calling out our hitting with Erstad is like the people that were alledging that Osborne was taking a nap and was oblivious to the baseball team and wasn't going to make a coaching change. You don't fire a coach mid-season unless major violations have occured.

Assuming you are correct, I am more concerned about our inability to make contact on any count, especially when there were two strikes on the batter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back