• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Bill Moos the biggest Husker hire ever?

I think we can revisit in 2029-ish and make a ruling.

Right now he looks like the best AD hire in a long time. As you'd mentioned, NU has made two universally accepted great hires and looks to be on the right track. Hoiberg hasn't coached a game yet and Frost has a losing record, so I think it's too early to say Moos is the 'GOAT' or the 'TAINT' or whatever acronym someone who used to be on here more often would use. I like his hiring and what he's done so far, but let's ease up on the throttle a tad.

Am I Mr Wet Blanket or what?
You said 2029... I looked into the future after reading your post, I'll be 51:eek:. I'm just gonna judge year by year, it's depressing to think that far ahead.

You said 2029... I looked into the future after reading your post, I'll be 51:eek:. I'm just gonna judge year by year, it's depressing to think that far ahead.

51 was three years ago for me. It's not that bad. Honest.

In 2029.....I'll be.....64. That might be a different story.

51 was three years ago for me. It's not that bad. Honest.

In 2029.....I'll be.....64. That might be a different story.
Yeah I know I'm one of the "younger" people on here, I try to stay in shape so hopefully the 50's won't be terrible. Not to mention that's about when I should expect to be a grandpa, and I can use my grandkids as an excuse to get out of the office.

Yeah I know I'm one of the "younger" people on here, I try to stay in shape so hopefully the 50's won't be terrible. Not to mention that's about when I should expect to be a grandpa, and I can use my grandkids as an excuse to get out of the office.

I hadn't really thought of early 40's being young on the site, but you may be right.

Stay active and keep the weight down. Best advice I can give anyone. Stop moving and you're done. Seriously.

I hadn't really thought of early 40's being young on the site, but you may be right.

Stay active and keep the weight down. Best advice I can give anyone. Stop moving and you're done. Seriously.
Yeah my dad is guilty of that, he has his weight in check, but he stopped moving. I've got him walking twice a day he's up to 3-5 miles now and with dumbbells in hand.

So you're saying I'm old:Frown:

No. I'm not even old yet. I feel that way some mornings, but I didn't even start slowing down until the last couple of years.
Well I hope I can say the same thing when the time comes. If I can make mid 50's and still be moving around good I'll be happy with that.

Well I hope I can say the same thing when the time comes. If I can make mid 50's and still be moving around good I'll be happy with that.

You can.

I still lift weights and that helps a lot. I've seen some folks in the gym in their early '70's that still not only move well, but have enough muscle mass to keep lifting weights and keep osteoporosis at bay. When I can't lift anymore, I know I'll be in trouble....or I'll be the pissiest mall walker on the planet.

Moos has had a steady hand but not the most important hire for NU IMO. I think TO will hold that designation for quite a while.

Last week's hire? What did I miss?
Check out this thread...

Great FBall coach. Poor AD.
This is so uninformed. Why would you say that other than being clueless.
He hired Tom Osborne while AD
he hired Danny nee, who at this point is the best BB coach we've had
he hired Terry Pettit, who together with Devaney, build the VBall program to where it is today
As AD, he made the decision to stick with TO in the late 80s, early 90s when many said TOs time had passed and we should move on...........then came 3 NTS
His other programs flourished with the exception of Baseball, throughout his career here. Nebraska BECAME a dominant athletic program during the years he was here and we werent prior to that.
He was a great fundrasier, ambassador and connection to the state.
Anyone who says BD was a bad AD has no clue. How could anyone be so off?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back