• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Irritating Sipple comment

We signed up to play under the terms and conditions of a university. There was a pretty explicit contract back in my day. The NCAA also required waivers, consent, and acknowledgements not much different than signing a car loan. It took about 45 minutes to get through the process.

The players, not matter the head coach, agree to represent the university. We need to respect this.

Sports writers can only report what they know is a fact. It’s difficult to speculate who is and who isn’t working hard or dedicated to the program. I’m not sure Frost and the other coaches knew immediately the heart of all of their players. Everything fans heard and read lead them to believe this was going to be a great team. Everyone including me laughed when Moos said 6-6 was a realistic goal. We had much higher expectations but now we’re hoping Frost can win the final 2 games and get to a bowl game.

How do you think Moos knew, or decided, to set 6 wins as the goal? Seems awfully prescient in retrospect.

We signed up to play under the terms and conditions of a university. There was a pretty explicit contract back in my day. The NCAA also required waivers, consent, and acknowledgements not much different than signing a car loan. It took about 45 minutes to get through the process.

The players, not matter the head coach, agree to represent the university. We need to respect this.

Agreed. In good standing, etc. That's why I'm wondering if this is an indirect approach from Frost to gentle these guys out of the program....a last resort because they won't 'buy-in' no matter what he's tried. I'm not saying I agree with the approach but there's got to be a bad vibe overhanging these problems, minimal in number as they might be. Don't know.

It is comical to me how much Husker fans prop up other teams and tell me how bad we have it. I wasn't the one writing the articles that Snyder had lost the team and ended up with a worse record than his first year there and the last year of the coach he replaced. We quickly forget the backlash and articles written about how Snyder wanted his son to replace him, i'm sure there was zero turmoil when they hired a new AD to find his successor and chose someone other than who he wanted. I'm sure nothing any program in the history of football is worse than what Frost inherited. Not Penn State with scholarship restrictions, not Baylor trying to avoid the death penalty, not Kansas State hiring a different person than their legendary coach wanted. Nada. Riley was so bad he tops it all, yet he was so good his culture is still here 2 years after being gone. The excuses are dizzying and they all end up canceling each other out.

Let's think with our heads here not with our hearts for a bit.
I’m 100% with you Klieman is a great coach. From the jump I thought Riley would fail and wanted Frost to be our next HC early season 2017. Klieman and Monk were in my top 3 though. That being said, comparing Nebraska to K-State is comparing apples and oranges.

Scott & co. Made mistakes. When he came here I thought they’d have to evolve. Sure you have some access, but unless you are inside those hallowed walls Sunday through Saturday you possess what everyone else has, an uniformed opinion.

I’m 100% with you Klieman is a great coach. From the jump I thought Riley would fail and wanted Frost to be our next HC early season 2017. Klieman and Monk were in my top 3 though. That being said, comparing Nebraska to K-State is comparing apples and oranges.

Scott & co. Made mistakes. When he came here I thought they’d have to evolve. Sure you have some access, but unless you are inside those hallowed walls Sunday through Saturday you possess what everyone else has, an uniformed opinion.
I should change my screen name to that. I just throw stuff out there and see what sticks.

You were told from DAY ONE that Mike Riley was an incompetent failure who would do exactly what he had historically done...fail...at Nebraska. If you chose to believe otherwise, you were an idiot. Period.

The fact that the OP apparently missed or actively ignored EVERY critique of Perlman, Eichorst, and especially Riley is more of an indictment on the OP than what Sipple did or didn’t write.
Huh, your assumption in your post of what I believe relative to the leadership of the University, the football program, etc. leaves much to be desired. You missed the entire point of "this OP's" post. Sadly many threads on this forum are derailed via misinterpretation.

Last edited:
Agreed. In good standing, etc. That's why I'm wondering if this is an indirect approach from Frost to gentle these guys out of the program....a last resort because they won't 'buy-in' no matter what he's tried. I'm not saying I agree with the approach but there's got to be a bad vibe overhanging these problems, minimal in number as they might be. Don't know.

This

Nebraska football isn't the only entity being undermined by narrowing perspectives. For all the information and sources we believe we have today on a multitude of things, we actually know less and worse yet, have the wisdom to apply it. Much of it is summed up in the Upton Sinclair quote: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” Just substitute "identity" for salary when it comes to fans.

You were told from DAY ONE that Mike Riley was an incompetent failure who would do exactly what he had historically done...fail...at Nebraska. If you chose to believe otherwise, you were an idiot. Period.

The fact that the OP apparently missed or actively ignored EVERY critique of Perlman, Eichorst, and especially Riley is more of an indictment on the OP than what Sipple did or didn’t write.

Ah, yes. Nothing like telling intelligent people who chose to try and believe MR would be able to do more with all that NU has to offer that they are idiots. The odds of a coach failing at NU is higher than succeeding and that includes SF. Choosing to try and find positives in a coach and believe they will win more than they lose, whether that is BC, Bo, MR, or SF, does not make a person an idiot. It does make the one calling them idiots something though.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back