• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Irritating popup on my phone

We are working with a new company to generate some mobile ad revenue. The traffic is going away from desktop to mobile and the rates there are lower. It's a matter of survival to find ways to continue to generate revenue in an ever changing environment.

I will talk to the agency about getting an "x" button to close the ad manually and a frequency cap. It is designed to go away after the video plays and we will keep that time frame in the one minute range.

We are also investigating a complete site redesign on the main site and and adding some technology to the BBS to make it load faster as well.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for getting after this so quckly. I understand the need for revenue, but a one minute bite is forever. In addition, if a user "x"s it a certain number of consecutive times, that should be evidence that they don't want it and it is obtrusive, so maybe a default in that situation that stops it from popping up at all.

Thanks for getting after this so quckly. I understand the need for revenue, but a one minute bite is forever. In addition, if a user "x"s it a certain number of consecutive times, that should be evidence that they don't want it and it is obtrusive, so maybe a default in that situation that stops it from popping up at all.
Totally agree!

I was approached about this idea and I said I would really like for there to be a way "x" out of it for those who don't want to watch it, as well as a skip ahead button for those who want to skip & go straight to the show. I was hoping we wouldn't launch it until those features were ready. As it is I apologize for the way it currently is & we are currently working to correct it. As was mentioned earlier in this thread by David Max we are working with a new company & we will try to have this remedied as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I was approached about this idea and I said I would really like for there to be a way "x" out of it for those who don't want to watch it, as well as a skip ahead button for those who want to skip & go straight to the show. I was hoping we wouldn't launch it until those features were ready. As it is I apologize for the way it currently is & we are currently working to correct it. As was mentioned earlier in this thread by David Max we are working with a new company & we will try to have this remedied as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Great! Way to come through for the team. Thanks for your efforts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back