• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa Week Practice Thread: Wednesday 22 Nov Coach Rhule

USC needs a DC in the worst way. Would he choose sunny Southern Cali. They need to give him a raise right away. Rhule should be privately letting his DC know that he will do whatever it takes to keep him. A lot of young talent on defense that could be scary good in a couple of years with consistent/stable coaching.
USC for UCLA alum? Hmmmm

My worry is Iowa's Net Punting is better and much more consistent than ours.

I feel that NU will be persistently having to play the long field on Offense while Iowa will begin with good to great field position through out the game.
Thats been their game. This will be the best arguable defense they've played all year, and their O production is worse than ours. They aren't stellar at protecting their qb, current one is far less mobile.

We really need to stuff their run and deform the pocket. Not sure their qb is as adept as wiscys was, and this could create big problems for them.

My worry is Iowa's Net Punting is better and much more consistent than ours.

I feel that NU will be persistently having to play the long field on Offense while Iowa will begin with good to great field position through out the game.
Their punter may be the best in college football right now. I don't know what the issue is with ours. He must be beating out his competition in practice...but man, we don't need adventures every time the punter walks out, we need reliability. Doesn't have to be great, just consistent 40+ and no shanks.

Thats been their game. This will be the best arguable defense they've played all year, and their O production is worse than ours. They aren't stellar at protecting their qb, current one is far less mobile.

We really need to stuff their run and deform the pocket. Not sure their qb is as adept as wiscys was, and this could create big problems for them.
Tackle in space! I wonder how much Iowa is investing in this game given their conference championship game the following week? That, and the Huskers have played their last three opponents at the wrong time.....now it is Iowa's turn to play a team at a very wrong time.

Reminds me when Iowa best South Dakota State a few years ago 7-3

Two FGs and Two Safeties were scored in that game

Both schools as I recall had the top defenses in FBS and FCS that year

Game was in Iowa City
Our final season games have been good, thats a real trend. Iowa will get our best

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back