• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa v Minnesota

Everybody runs on Minnesota’s defense. I mean Michigan ran all over them but got 16 yards rushing against Indiana.

so I’m just not sure if Iowa’s rushing attack is that good, or a Minnesota’s run defense is that bad.

Iowa ran the ball very very averagely against Northwestern. Nothing special.

I always thought Nebraska fans hated Iowa more than Minnesota -- and more than any other Big Ten team. Reading this thread, I'm no longer sure of that. :Lol:

I don’t think we hate Minnesota players and team....and especially not the state.

I think it’s just Fleck.

There is something about that guy that just rubs me the wrong way.

I always thought Nebraska fans hated Iowa more than Minnesota -- and more than any other Big Ten team.
Based on polling, we seem to hate Wisconsin and Iowa about equally, but I think proximity to their fan bases plays a major role. As for me, I hate them both. I want to embarrass them, steal their girlfriends, beat up their male cheerleaders, piss on their carpets, take a dump in their trophy cases, wipe our @$$es on their jerseys, and drown their pets,... figuratively, of course.... But I'm not bitter.

Last edited:
Once again, Ferentz coaches his young team (5th youngest in college football) up and has them playing at a high level. Hard to argue with success. Does anyone here think we'll beat Minnesota (or anyone) 35-7?

Once again, Ferentz coaches his young team (5th youngest in college football) up and has them playing at a high level. Hard to argue with success. Does anyone here think we'll beat Minnesota (or anyone) 35-7?

Whatever that old man Kirk is doing, just works. Wish we could bottle up some of that mojo and give it to this staff by the case.

for the record, I really don't care for anyone in the B1G... except us.
:Herbie:

don't mind NW, but certainly don't actively root for them.

Whatever that old man Kirk is doing, just works. Wish we could bottle up some of that mojo and give it to this staff by the case.
Capt Kirk's 22nd year (longest active tenured FBS coach)... always solid up front - but nothing particularly exceptional IMHO... just Iowan's willingness to accept/embrace their mediocrity.

did enjoy KF ribbing Fleck & calling three consecutive timeouts at the end of the game... should be fun to follow :Popcorn:

Capt Kirk's 22nd year (longest active tenured FBS coach)... always solid up front - but nothing particularly exceptional IMHO... just Iowan's willingness to accept/embrace their mediocrity.

did enjoy KF ribbing Fleck & calling three consecutive timeouts at the end of the game... should be fun to follow :Popcorn:

I think Nebraska fans should/would welcome that kind of "mediocrity" right about now.

Sign me up for that!

I always thought Nebraska fans hated Iowa more than Minnesota -- and more than any other Big Ten team. Reading this thread, I'm no longer sure of that. :Lol:
We don’t want the Gophers reestablishing a strong program. We can deal with Iowa; but since we got Dennis Claridge, Minnesota has been a great recruiting area for us.

They seem to have gotten over the aberration of throwing 50 times (Iowa?) against NW and have redone Iowa. Kind of wondering if this years UN vs. Ia. will be as close as the others.

Minny player commits a textbook blindside block. 15 yds. PJ the tool complains (for some unknown reason) and gets an additional 15 yds for unsportsmanlike conduct. What a dbag.

While I agree with Fleck being a DB, they have to start looking at what constitutes a blind side block. What are you supposed to do? Tell the other player to turn their head, so I can block them. It wasn't a very hard hit. Now Kenny Bell, that was a blindisde block! This call and "some" targeting calls are getting out of hand.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back