• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa transfer is N (Ahron Ulis)

He's already in trouble for using an alias and changing evidence... placing bets for others isn't going to lessen the degree of the criminal case. For the NCAA, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to care if he was placing the bets on NCAA games for himself or others, especially the Iowa game. I think he's going to get, at the very least, a half year suspension after a long investigation. More likely to lose the rest of his eligibility. Do you think there's a chance for leniency?
I think his career is over, as this is a pretty high profile event. My point about him placing bets is if there is a ‘ledger’ of sorts with the people he did it for, that could be another 50-100 athletes from various teams within the programs. I’m betting (pun intended) that there is widespread panic among a bunch of folks in the Ames/Iowa City areas.

Any word on Ulis?
I think he's still practicing with the team, but I don't think he will participate in a game until its clear what the NCAA will do to him. Because they got Coleman signed, my take is that Ulis will never play for Nebraska, and probably not in NCAA competition again.

No word yet (nor does any seem imminent).

Uhlis is a Junior, so a one-year suspension could mean he will be eligible for his senior year.

Possibilities seem to range from a 6-mos suspension (I.e. half a season) to loss of all eligibility.

In the meantime he contributes as a valuable member of the "Scout" team. Fred Hoiberg likes him, saying he is a joy to coach as well as a good kid and teammate.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back