• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa to expand beer and wine sales at all athletic venues

Why would you drink less .75 cent beers at your tailgate and more $6 ones inside?
Last time we went up to Minny I had a Surly IPA (which is a great find in a stadium) and it was $12. Of course it was a 16oz higher ABV, but I had 1. No way was I going to justify a 2nd at that price.

Why would you drink less .75 cent beers at your tailgate and more $6 ones inside?
It's a proven fact that less binge drinking occurs when in stadium alcohol is available for purchase.

Why slam 6 beers right before you go in when you can keep your buzz going with a beer 5 minutes after you walk into the stadium?

Last time we went up to Minny I had a Surly IPA (which is a great find in a stadium) and it was $12. Of course it was a 16oz higher ABV, but I had 1. No way was I going to justify a 2nd at that price.
Surly is an awesome brewery. Backpocket and Big Grove if Iowa City and Toppling Goliath if Decorah are all angling to get into Kinnick. TG is the only one that does flagships in a 16 oz. I’d imagine a Psuedo Sue 16 oz would go for $12-$16

It's a proven fact that less binge drinking occurs when in stadium alcohol is available for purchase.

Why slam 6 beers right before you go in when you can keep your buzz going with a beer 5 minutes after you walk into the stadium?
Why would you stand in beer lines while a game is happening? Binge all morning. Watch the game. I can slip out so easily from my seats that I can also go drink at half-time. But for those trapped in upper decks, I suppose this works.

Why would you stand in beer lines while a game is happening? Binge all morning. Watch the game. I can slip out so easily from my seats that I can also go drink at half-time. But for those trapped in upper decks, I suppose this works.
Will they still allow fans to re-enter the stadium? They didn't at the Spring Game, but that could have been because of covid or paperless tickets.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back