• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa state leaves AAU

Iowa State fans are so much better than Iowa fans. Ames is better than Iowa City for football and basketball games. Iowa State is actually a larger University than Iowa now. Can we swap in ISU for Iowa in the Big 10? Hawkeye fans are in the inbreds of the state country.

I would have liked a combo of KU+ISU to bring the Big Ten up to 16.

Actually, I'd like KU and Mizzou more, and the Pokes can take the Tigers' spot in the SEC.

Would give the SEC a nice four-pod of OK+TX schools, plus restore MU to playing annual games against Nebraska, Kansas, and the Gateway Arch Series with Illinois. I have to think that's more appealing that playing their "rivalry" game against South Carolina.

We can kick Purdue back to the east with the Hoosiers so all the IL schools are West and the IN schools are East.

NU, KU, MU, IA, WI, MN, ILL, NW

UM, MSU, OSU, IND, PUR, PSU, MD, RUT

Last edited:

Thanks, Duck - I had missed that!

The AAU is not designed to favor land grant schools, as DONU experienced a few years ago: “…the indicators used by AAU to rank its members have begun to favor institutions with medical schools and associated medical research funding.”
IMO, it’s all a rigged system. It’s all about the money, not the kids.

IMO, it’s all a rigged system. It’s all about the money, not the kids.
Yea this is a tough one to take a stance on. Kids are there temporarily. Now if they graduate they can often become donors and that makes them part of the “system”.

I sometimes look at the NIL and ask myself what the past players think. Their contribution to where Nebraska is at has helped fund our program for the future. These guys now days are in these facilities for what Guys like Rex Burkhead did. Rex had facilities for what guys like crouch and Davidson have done. They had their facilities for what Frazier and Rozier did and so forth backwards.

Now instead of money going to the program they want what the earn with no thought if the foundation that was built by others.

It’s all rigged. These ‘educators’, or leaders of the rigged, are all going to hell in the end. Few are in it for the benefit of the kid. Most have their hand out wanting more money, to fund their mansions, fancy cars, 2nd homes, yachts, and whatever ‘stuff’ they can get. It’s about how rich can I get. It’s totally sickening, and sad. It’s mostly this way in business also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back