• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa Refuses Demand from eight former players for 20 Million and firing Ferentz!

Wonder why this has come up now?

Thought Iowa had settled this issue.
I believe their lawyer is of the opinion that since they fired a guy that is referenced in the complaints, he did something wrong that they deserve damages for.

I am sure it is a common legal practice, but that kinda sounds like extortion or a ransom letter. Again, this is probably how these kinds of lawsuits unfold and I am just ignorant to the typical process.

But if I got a letter saying "Pay me 20mil or I'll see you in court..." I would probably check to see if it was from a captured prince in some remote village on a different continent who also was telling me I'd have bad luck for 30 days if I didn't do it.

I handled personal injury claims for insurance for way too long. Demand letters are the norm, standard practice to keep stuff out of litigation and out of the courts. This is along those same line.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back