• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting Pairing - Urban and Doyle

I'm looking forward to the Urban experiment at Jacksonville becoming a disaster. He'll have some early success, because he is a very talented coach, and because the AFC South is going to be a joke now that Watt and Watson are leaving Houston, but it'll come crashing down rather quickly. My guess is he gets Jacksonville into playoff contention in 2021, setting up high expectations, only for everything going sideways midway through the 2022 season., with Urban stepping down due to "exhaustion".

I'm looking forward to the Urban experiment at Jacksonville becoming a disaster. He'll have some early success, because he is a very talented coach, and because the AFC South is going to be a joke now that Watt and Watson are leaving Houston, but it'll come crashing down rather quickly. My guess is he gets Jacksonville into playoff contention in 2021, setting up high expectations, only for everything going sideways midway through the 2022 season., with Urban stepping down due to "exhaustion".

Although, Houston was already a hot mess this season with Watt and Watson. 4-12. The Hopkins trade a year ago already put them in a big hole. Their defense sucks and they couldn't run the ball -- both near the bottom of the NFL. The Texans were really Watson and nothing else.

Indy and Tennessee are still really good teams. The Colts need to find a QB now, however (Wentz, maybe).

Last edited:
The firing took a tad longer than I expected lol
Me too, but there is a part of me that wonders if we, as a society, will ever get back to the point that we will give people a chance to 'change their spots' and become descent people that can work again. Or is this guy destined to work in a call center the rest of his life?

Me too, but there is a part of me that wonders if we, as a society, will ever get back to the point that we will give people a chance to 'change their spots' and become descent people that can work again. Or is this guy destined to work in a call center the rest of his life?
Normally I’d say after 3-5 years he will be able to coach again. These days, I wonder if his mom’s basement is too public anymore. Sadly, I’m only half joking.

Doyle is OUT. Enough complaints and public humiliation ownership could see their previous full vetting position was a worthless excuse. Urban wanted him cuz he knew him and had a history with him. Maybe a little of the Urban shine has been removed already in the eyes of the fans and pubic in Jacksonville ?

If the media gets more involved? Then yes, call center it is.

I think it depends on what the issue was and that's kind of a slippery slope. We as humans pick what is forgiven and what is not, there is no way to have blanket forgiveness so to speak as that can encompass many horrible things.

For change to happen so does forgiveness and allowing one to grow from the mistakes they have made.

With the allagations surrounding Doyle in this climate he is done as a coach for a while. I dont know why more heads didnt fall at Iowa over him

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back