• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting message from coach Austin

Broken record, OL coach has been the worst since Solich. Same old song and dance. What's the real problem? I don't buy the worst ever OL coach story.

Insanity is to expect change whilst doing the same thing over and over.

Actually that's not the definition of insanity, though it is repeated over and over as being such. The definition of insanity is "the state of being seriously mentally ill."

Now, saying the same things over and over again, including the suppos-ed definition of insanity, may in fact be a symptom of insanity, but not it's definition.

We are 7 games into the season. We are who we are. Some minor changes could happen but probably not major changes as most of the issues are mental mistakes: consistency, effort, penalties, missed assignments, mindset of being tough-relentless and none one will beat you. All of this is either sporadic or missing.

and who are we again?

Last edited:
i'm not a fan of coddling coaches or players that need a swift kick in the rear...but MR has been more right than some so-called experts out here recently...check the threads. That said, II have no idea what you are talking about...that's normal though, because you provide nothing but the heckle factor out here.
Receiving an endorsement from you doesn't help his case

Receiving an endorsement from you doesn't help his case
Fortunately my case stands on its own two feet. The problems we have are avoidable and could have been mitigated with proper planning all the way back in the first spring. We are still wandering lost like a rudderless ship knowing full well going in circles is not making progress. There is no room for the repetitive failure shown by regulars, especially our starters.

Is a bowl game truly what is needed or expected ? Does being selected to "one of 100 post-season bowl games" really mean that much? Will another 15 days of practice make this a much better team?
I shudder at the thought of another televised game where the Huskers look lost, confused and beaten badly - on national tv again ! There's only a limited of sunshine that can be pumped into fans and recruits to make this program palatable.

Sometimes you read a post that expresses a unique, intelligent thought.

This isn’t one. When you need to improve on something, you don’t accomplish that by doing it less. Avoidance because of fear of failure gains is nothing.

Fortunately my case stands on its own two feet. The problems we have are avoidable and could have been mitigated with proper planning all the way back in the first spring. We are still wandering lost like a rudderless ship knowing full well going in circles is not making progress. There is no room for the repetitive failure shown by regulars, especially our starters.
Bless your heart

While I think we still need to upgrade some positions on the OL and other areas, I think the major problem right now is the mindset. I honestly think the mindset of the team has been ok with losing and ok with not giving the best every day. That is not a knock on the players or coaches, it is a knock on what I perceive the culture is for the football team.

I also do not think that is something that can be corrected overnight either. I think Nebraska has the right coach in place for that, Scott Frost. I think the fans maybe thought he was a miracle worker and could just wave a wand and fix everything. I honestly think it is maybe 2-3 years away before the winning attitude is the default attitude around the locker room and the field. Last year was hard, this year is more so. I think the next year and past that will be better.

Yep, when Austin said "we", I hope he was including himself
was just gonna say. Hope he told him he would do better as well in getting them in right position. As meyer said couple weeks back. Best way to lose a team is to start pointing fingers without first pointing one at yourself

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back