• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting message from coach Austin

We are 7 games into the season. We are who we are. Some minor changes could happen but probably not major changes as most of the issues are mental mistakes: consistency, effort, penalties, missed assignments, mindset of being tough-relentless and none one will beat you. All of this is either sporadic or missing.
Um, go look into what Fleck did after last years Gopher/Husker game. Major changes can happen.

I think this is a good sign. I also think the bye week came at the right time. Nebraska needs a moment to not worry about the next opponent, but instead focus on getting themselves better. It's an opportunity to reflect and do more in-depth evaluation. If we come out flat in 2 weeks, we have a problem.
I’d like to see the team focus on themselves everyday myself. They are beating themselves right now as much as being beaten by opponents

I understand that you're not a fan of people defending a staff or players , but that's what I'm doing. While I'm not surprised that you agree with him, he hasn't been right about much.
Btw, you didn't happen to write a letter last week to a Penn State player, did you?
i'm not a fan of coddling coaches or players that need a swift kick in the rear...but MR has been more right than some so-called experts out here recently...check the threads. That said, II have no idea what you are talking about...that's normal though, because you provide nothing but the heckle factor out here.

i'm not a fan of coddling coaches or players that need a swift kick in the rear...but MR has been more right than some so-called experts out here recently...check the threads. That said, II have no idea what you are talking about...that's normal though, because you provide nothing but the heckle factor out here.

Was he right when he said almost all of the problems on offense?
He just wants to come on here and just piss on the staff and players. You were doing well for a while but I guess you're back.

If I was a 2nd stringer or freshman and watching the guy starting over me get his tampon knocked loose every snap- I would be telling coach to put me in. I may not win every battle, but the other guy will be the worse for wear doing it.

Ask a question that makes sense, heckler.

Is that your new thing? Heckler? Oof .

My phone autocorrected, so I'll type it again:. Was he right when he said AM was the reason for all of the problems on offense? Psst, he wasn't.
What's amazing to me is you defended the worst coach in Lincoln since Bill Jennings, and you can't bring yourself to defend Scott Frost.

I watched a couple games before our's.(Georgia,Oklahoma) It's plane and simple our O-line is not that good.It make's our d-line think they are better than what they are.

GET BETTER OR QUIT

Quotable: Nebraska sophomore left guard Broc Bando, explaining a scene after the game in which offensive line coach Greg Austin had his group huddled tightly on the sideline for a quick meeting before heading to the locker room after the lopsided loss.

“He told us it was a moment where we needed to realize that it’s time to either quit or to get better. And I’m going to get better.”

Actually that is a message that I think should be given to the whole team including the coaches.

But let’s face it nobody is going to quit and if they could magically flip a switch and get better they would have done it long ago.

If coach Austin and the rest of the coaches want something to change they are going to have to change something. Either change the players they are starting or change the coaching methods they have been using.

Talk is cheap but if they don’t actually change something we will be lucky to qualify for a bowl game.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_633ef99e-026d-574b-9428-86fc0d1f4011.html
I don’t honestly see us in a bowl game this year.Drank the kool ade pre season,but that won’t happen again.Someone posted on here that we are regressing,and I believe that poster is correct.Can’t say anything that hasn’t been said already.Just so disappointed.GBR.

Is a bowl game truly what is needed or expected ? Does being selected to "one of 100 post-season bowl games" really mean that much? Will another 15 days of practice make this a much better team?
I shudder at the thought of another televised game where the Huskers look lost, confused and beaten badly - on national tv again ! There's only a limited of sunshine that can be pumped into fans and recruits to make this program palatable.

Is a bowl game truly what is needed or expected ? Does being selected to "one of 100 post-season bowl games" really mean that much? Will another 15 days of practice make this a much better team?
I shudder at the thought of another televised game where the Huskers look lost, confused and beaten badly - on national tv again ! There's only a limited of sunshine that can be pumped into fans and recruits to make this program palatable.

Short answer. Yes. Having 15 additional practices would be better than not having those practices. This would be true, even if we end up losing whatever bowl game we might be selected for.

Now, if the plan is to pack up our cleats and give up, then the practices would not be helpful or necessary. Last I heard, we are not ending the program, so let’s get to a bowl game.

They can't get stronger or faster at this point, but they can play with more effort, they can hold each other more accountable.

They can also carry out their assignments to the best of their abilities.

I don't know that we've seen a lot of that the fall.

I understand that you're not a fan of people defending a staff or players , but that's what I'm doing. While I'm not surprised that you agree with him, he hasn't been right about much.
Btw, you didn't happen to write a letter last week to a Penn State player, did you?
You are delusional.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back