• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting message from coach Austin

I think that to bring in an offensive line consultant and help ASAP. Austin's message is not strong it like too little too late action speak louder than words.

If the rotation remains the same, you are likely correct. However, what if we see Bando getting more time, and maybe we see one of our young guys move into the lineup? That isn't 'wle are who we are', that could mean we see some different levels of performance or attitude. A shakeup in the line usually scares the crap out of coaches, but I'm starting to think we need to do or try something to create some urgency and accountability.
Line play cant get much worse than it is now. I hope Bando is in for good.

I think this is a good sign. I also think the bye week came at the right time. Nebraska needs a moment to not worry about the next opponent, but instead focus on getting themselves better. It's an opportunity to reflect and do more in-depth evaluation. If we come out flat in 2 weeks, we have a problem.
Maybe our bye week came a week too late.

Or maybe not. Maybe you have to hit bottom before you realize that things need to change. I thought we did that last year.

"Sometimes when you're sick, you just have to puke it out."

Here's hoping they puke out a lot of (junk) in the next 2 weeks.

Just empty pep talk stuff but hard to be critical of Austin. He’s just trying to keep his guys morale up.

We are who we are right now.

How about we focus on having the best run blockers on one side of the ball? Having mismatched guard-tackle combinations is not exactly lending itself to a good run game.

I think the message was terrible. Austin chose his bed and slept in it. We waited until we lost three games before looking for answers. Earth to coach Austin....

I'm shocked this is your take. This is also after you (incorrectly) gave the OL play a B last night.
Do you just post different things trying to take as many shots as possible?

You were one of those fans who almost ran out Osborne in the 70s, you booed Frost in 97, and you booed at the OSU game when Bo was here.
You also don't have many original thoughts.
Quit badgering MR...he's been right more often than most out here, and you never do anything but pester other posters. Go away.

Quit badgering MR...he's been right more often than most out here, and you never do anything but pester other posters. Go away.

I understand that you're not a fan of people defending a staff or players , but that's what I'm doing. While I'm not surprised that you agree with him, he hasn't been right about much.
Btw, you didn't happen to write a letter last week to a Penn State player, did you?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back