• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Instead of booting Frost……

JBOCON

Recruit
2 Year Member
When was the last time we had a serious and productive talk about the sports writers who are highly opinionated in voicing their thoughts about Nebraska football ? If you think the coaches and team do not read this stuff you are wrong. Now some of the good old boys are also found on YouTube spouting their drivel. On top of that I am now asked to pay for the privilege of reading what good old Sam or Sip have to say. Really? Some of these guys need to go away. They are no longer relevant and offer a perspective which is not in keeping with journalistic standards. More and more they seem to be concerned about readership numbers and YouTube likes. So I submit to you that it is time for the Dirks, the Sams and the Sips to go and be replaced with new and fresh perspectives. Coaches from Bo to Frost have shown frustration dealing with the local media. Yes some of the problem is coaches, but I suspect some of the problem is also with our local sports writting gentry. Thoughts?

My biggest problem with the sports writers is that they don't always ask relevant questions about football. A lot of questions about meaningless thoughts and feelings imo. I understand the questions need to be diverse, but stick to good solid football questions. Also, ask tough questions...questions that the die hard fan wants to know.

My biggest problem with the sports writers is that they don't always ask relevant questions about football. A lot of questions about meaningless thoughts and feelings imo. I understand the questions need to be diverse, but stick to good solid football questions. Also, ask tough questions...questions that the die hard fan wants to know.
Yep I hate it when they say how did you feel after the turnover etc.

When was the last time we had a serious and productive talk about the sports writers who are highly opinionated in voicing their thoughts about Nebraska football ? If you think the coaches and team do not read this stuff you are wrong. Now some of the good old boys are also found on YouTube spouting their drivel. On top of that I am now asked to pay for the privilege of reading what good old Sam or Sip have to say. Really? Some of these guys need to go away. They are no longer relevant and offer a perspective which is not in keeping with journalistic standards. More and more they seem to be concerned about readership numbers and YouTube likes. So I submit to you that it is time for the Dirks, the Sams and the Sips to go and be replaced with new and fresh perspectives. Coaches from Bo to Frost have shown frustration dealing with the local media. Yes some of the problem is coaches, but I suspect some of the problem is also with our local sports writting gentry. Thoughts?
Bo Pelini agrees with you.

Probably difficult writing about the same GROUNDHOG DAY... lol.. Which it is for us fans too. Bottom line I'm with BigRed in that they need to sharpen up their questions. Ask all those tough questions that perhaps the coach doesn't want to answer. That's what they are supposed to do imo but it's probably a money thing.

There are 1 or 2 writers (cough*Dirk*cough) that are complete morons, but overall the Nebraska media can be pretty fair most of the time. Sometimes their questions are dumb or redundant, and I get how that can wear on on someone after a while. But I get a different perspective after the NW game. I was still watching BTN well after the game and I watched Fitz's zoom press conference with Chicago media. Yikes. Those people were a combination of unrelenting and really ignorant about football.

Yep I hate it when they say how did you feel after the turnover etc.
I'd love for someone to ask Frost this line of questions:

Nebraska has a 5-16 record in 1 possession games since you arrived. What are you going to do to improve 4th quarter game management?? Why does our discipline break down when it matters the most?

Last edited:
I'd love for someone to ask Frost this line of questions:

Nebraska has a 5-16 record in 1 possession games since you arrived. What are you going to do to improve 4th quarter game management?? Why does our discipline break down when it matters the most?

The first question is great and should be asked. The second question is a loaded question and sounds like something Dirk would ask.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back