• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Injury Updates

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

The best news:
Williams said Bourne is working her way back, so consider her status for Saturday’s home meeting with Ohio State up in the air. But, the good news is that it appears she avoided serious injury.
:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

Last edited:
I don't think MiCole will play this year. Just my gut feeling, And she didn't really give a time table for Brady's return either. You would think that Brady is close to playing. Thoughts?

Here is Matt Coatney's interview with Coach Amy Williams for the full program (maybe 35 mins & 25 mins commercials - feel free to skip ahead :Lol:) Coach Williams talks mostly in generalities throughout the program. Coach starts talking about injuries, starting with Isabelle Bourne, @ about the 26 min mark. Not much definitive information; Issy is a Tough Gal, working hard to get back in the rotation, situation is day-to-day.

It sounds like Amy is expecting MiCole Cayton to start playing some at some point in the season. The sooner the better if she can catch on fire; I'm not sure how effective she was when she was at Cal, but it seems she was injured most of her career there. I'd think that Trinity Brady would be back sooner rather than later since she has been out for so long already. As much as we need her, I'm not expecting to see Issy Bourne in the Ohio State Game. I was just glad to see Ruby Porter return to the floor vs Michigan State! :nod:

Last edited:
Here is Matt Coatney's interview with Coach Amy Williams for the full program (maybe 35 mins & 25 mins commercials - feel free to skip ahead :Lol:) Coach Williams talks mostly in generalities throughout the program. Coach starts talking about injuries, starting with Isabelle Bourne, @ about the 26 min mark. Not much definitive information; Issy is a Tough Gal, working hard to get back in the rotation, situation is day-to-day.

It sounds like Amy is expecting MiCole Cayton to start playing some at some point in the season. The sooner the better if she can catch on fire; I'm not sure how effective she was when she was at Cal, but it seems she was injured most of her career there. I'd think that Trinity Brady would be back sooner rather than later since she has been out for so long already. As much as we need her, I'm not expecting to see Issy Bourne in the Ohio State Game. I was just glad to see Ruby Porter return to the floor vs Michigan State! :nod:

She was fast her first year at Cal. but then the injuries started to pile up.

That is a characteristic of All Amy Williams' teams.

Here's the team after defeating highly favored Indiana in her first season (7-22 & 3-13) on Feb 19, 2017 (Pink Game) after losing 8 straight B1G Games.

1610998932012.png

What's the latest regarding Issie's injury recovery?

Listening to Sports Nightly with Matt & Coach Amy I'm not sure but I think Amy said Issie would be out for another week. I caught her comment in passing and it wasn't exactly clear. :Redface: I think they may be holding Issie back if she really isn't needed vs Wisconsin, for later in the season when she will be needed.

Comment from someone else who was listening to the program:
both Issie and Trinity continue to improve a little each day. She said it is really just day to day as to when they will play.

Last edited:
Listening to Sports Nightly with Matt & Coach Amy I'm not sure but I think Amy said Issie would be out for another week. I caught her comment in passing and it wasn't exactly clear. :Redface: I think they may be holding Issie back if she really isn't needed vs Wisconsin, for later in the season when she will be needed.

Comment from someone else who was listening to the program:
Thanks. It's obvious that this team shouldn't discount any other B1G unit (e.g. Minnesota), but if more recovery time is useful Wisconsin may as good (bad?) as any for that purpose. Issie will be needed down the road for sure. This was the right stretch to pick for R&R. :thumbsup:

From Penn State Game Page:
Isabelle Bourne returned to practice this week and could be available at Penn State.

I suspect we'll see Issie sparingly; easing her back into the game flow after missing four games and practice. Stalwarts have more than shown they could step up to the plate in her absence.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back