• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Injuries: Is a change in Turf the answer?

Lots of NFL stadiums changed from fake surface to natural grass like Arrowhead, Mile High, Soldiers, Lambeau, Steelers, etc. ....... Baseball too. Why?

And CFP final four candidates, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, tOSU, OU ...... all natural grass home surface except tOSU.

Last edited:
car_dealer.jpg

FieldTurf salesman

whopping 96 percent of NFL players believed artificial turf leads to more sore muscles and sprained ankles/knees than natural grass, and 91 percent believed artificial turf is much more likely to contribute to a serious injury than natural grass. Plus groundskeepers are instructed not to breathe the dust and to use a breathing apparatus when applying silica sand as infill for artificial turf due to the risk of delayed lung injury.

Removing and disposing of artificial turf is both difficult and expensive. 8 years average. End-of-life disposal costs for natural grass is a tiny fraction of the cost for artificial turf.

Another factor, natural grass is much cooler than artificial turf in daylight hours .... absorbed vs reflection.

Tom Osborne field ..... time to change surface. Granted, grass sod up-front cost is expensive ...... proper drainage & install heat pipes underneath surface but long term, cheaper that fake turf (8 years replacement & disposing).

I love beautiful sod, nice odor, cooler, forgiving (few injuries), more cushion, chemical-free, etc. Grass is a part of football.

hqdefault.jpg

Hank and me :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Another factor, natural grass is much cooler than artificial turf in daylight hours .... absorbed vs reflection.

Tom Osborne field ..... time to change surface. Granted, grass sod up-front cost is expensive ...... proper drainage & install heat pipes underneath surface but long term, cheaper that fake turf (8 years replacement & disposing).

I love beautiful sod, nice odor, cooler, forgiving (few injuries), more cushion, chemical-free, etc. Grass is a part of football.

hqdefault.jpg

Hank and me :Biggrin:
get our guys used to it and can always water it down ahead of big games(someday this will happen again)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back