• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries

SavageHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Is it just me, or do the Huskers seem to be the most injured team in America? My recollection is we had many groin type injuries in the 90s (athletic pubica?) but the overall number of injured players seemed less in the 90s and 80s. Maybe it’s me. Maybe we are taking players who are more susceptible to injury like Stepp and Tompkins.

Is it just me, or do the Huskers seem to be the most injured team in America? My recollection is we had many groin type injuries in the 90s (athletic pubica?) but the overall number of injured players seemed less in the 90s and 80s. Maybe it’s me. Maybe we are taking players who are more susceptible to injury like Stepp and Tompkins.

Athletic pubalgia, aka sports hernia.

It’s always tough to gauge issues from a single practice media goes to. I still remember us holding out guys just to give them a break from the grind and the freak outs that would ensue on the message board if it fell on a day that media could see it.

Im really only worried about Stepp, Johnson, Manning, and Wildeman at this point.

Last edited:
It’s always tough to gauge issues from a single practice media goes to. I still remember us holding out guys just to give them a break from the grind and the freak outs that would ensue on the message board if it fell on a day that media could see it.

Im really only worried about Stepp, Manning, and Wildeman at this point.
Beginning to wonder if we ever see Omar Manning on the field

I doubt we are the only team in America with players on the 2-deep with injuries. In the 80s and 90s such information was harder to come by, and didn't spread like wildfire during the actual press conference.

Last edited:
:(

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Im really only worried about Stepp, Johnson, Manning, and Wildeman at this point.
I'd add Gunnarson to that list, having to have your hipbones shaved sounds really bad.

I'd add Gunnarson to that list, having to have your hipbones shaved sounds really bad.
True, I guess I was just pointing out the guys that aren't practicing currently and since he was left him off.

Gunnerson, Pola-Gates, Wright, Thompkins, Reimer, Newsome, and Clark are all ones that depending on how they are doing from injury could mean big things on the field, or more ups and downs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back