• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indy 500

hmmm... typically about the only USAC, CART, IRL, PPG, NTT, whatever it is nowadays Indy Car race I watch each year

:Biggrin:rive:

Didn't realize how much it was a part of Memorial Day Weekend until it wasn't there. Went in 1973, never saw a race, it rained for two days, we ran out of money and had to head home. Went in 1980 and saw Johnny Rutherford win. We were just wandering around after the race and there was his car, sitting all alone in Gasoline Alley. I looked around and no one was watching, so I went over and kicked the tires.

Yeah. I love that Sunday for Auto Racing. Monaco Grand Prix, Indy 500 and the Coca Cola 600 night cap. One of my favorite non football Sunday's of the year.

Last edited:

Yeah. I love that Sunday for Auto Racing. Monaco Grand Prix, Indy 500 and the Coca Cola 600 night cap. One of my favorite non football Sunday's of the year.
Right up there where some years on the third Sunday in July they have the HOF inductions for Baseball, the final round of the British Open, and the final day of the Tour de France.

Only watched Indy and a few F1 events. F1 ...... very little yellow/red flags and don't matter rainfall track. Just the opposite NASCAR crap ......... hot dog wrapper, yellow flag.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back