• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana Jones and the Hot Plate of Garbage

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Here I sit, broken hearted...
5 Year Member
The start of the trailer looks promising and fun. But then... you start seeing it. The familiar scenes from the other movies. The female replacement for Indy. The bad CGI.

They put the series to bed in 1989, and probably should have left it there.

The start of the trailer looks promising and fun. But then... you start seeing it. The familiar scenes from the other movies. The female replacement for Indy. The bad CGI.

They put the series to bed in 1989, and probably should have left it there.

I just read a review this morning about what Hollywood has been producing lately and they had the same conclusion. All action / no creativity / no originality. Cookie cutter movie making.

I just read a review this morning about what Hollywood has been producing lately and they had the same conclusion. All action / no creativity / no originality. Cookie cutter movie making.
Yeah. I heard some speculation spoilers from the Critical Drinker this morning.

Basically, it's another bait and switch, where the legacy character passes the mantle on to a female character. In this case, Indy time-travels back to WW2, meets his younger self in that timeline, and gets his younger self killed, which blinks out his 1960s self, resulting in the female have to finish out the adventure, and take the torch into the Disney+ series.

Yeah. I heard some speculation spoilers from the Critical Drinker this morning.

Basically, it's another bait and switch, where the legacy character passes the mantle on to a female character. In this case, Indy time-travels back to WW2, meets his younger self in that timeline, and gets his younger self killed, which blinks out his 1960s self, resulting in the female have to finish out the adventure, and take the torch into the Disney+ series.
Barf

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back