• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state athlete Kade McIntyre offered

Nebraska shouldn’t have slow played this kid. They should have offered long ago, and now, this kid is blowing up nationally. Some one didn’t do their homework. Obviously, this kid is a gem of a talent. Nebraska could have had a huge leg up, but they don’t. If they don’t get him, it’s on them.

Nebraska shouldn’t have slow played this kid. They should have offered long ago, and now, this kid is blowing up nationally. Some one didn’t do their homework. Obviously, this kid is a gem of a talent. Nebraska could have had a huge leg up, but they don’t. If they don’t get him, it’s on them.
I don't really disagree. I would just say that evaluating a C-2 kid adds an extra degree of difficulty. I suppose you could counter that a few other regional schools figured it out and beat us to a C-2 kid in our backyard.

It seems like McIntyre's recruitment has really blown up in the last two weeks. It happened quickly. We were maybe a bit tardy, but not way late to the point where he should be insulted. If he likes NU, he has an offer in May.

I don't really disagree. I would just say that evaluating a C-2 kid adds an extra degree of difficulty. I suppose you could counter that a few other regional schools figured it out and beat us to a C-2 kid in our backyard.

It seems like McIntyre's recruitment has really blown up in the last two weeks. It happened quickly. We were maybe a bit tardy, but not way late to the point where he should be insulted. If he likes NU, he has an offer in May.

Visiting Nebraska tomorrow

I think we get him in the end

They’ve been guilty of this over the past several years. These kids aren’t going to walk on anymore (ok, rarely). If they are good, offer them. Nebraska kids make the backbone of the program. You can’t lose the best players in the state. You have to get them. More programs than ever before will take them if you **** around with them. Get them and build around them. Every year, there are 4-10 dudes good enough to warrant a scholarship offer. When you slow play then, other teams get their foot in the door, and then it makes it harder to get back the upper hand.

Last edited:

Yeah this one does sort of feel like Nebraska having their hand forced in a way. I know they are in pretty good shape with other LB prospects, but how does it look having an in-state kid with offers from Tennessee, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas State and now Oklahoma - and not offer him?

I can see the logic behind not offering Zane Flores since you're only taking one QB and your new OC is taking a guy he's been recruiting since he was an 8th grader.

But I think you have to offer McIntyre at this point.

Yeah this one does sort of feel like Nebraska having their hand forced in a way. I know they are in pretty good shape with other LB prospects, but how does it look having an in-state kid with offers from Tennessee, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas State and now Oklahoma - and not offer him?

I can see the logic behind not offering Zane Flores since you're only taking one QB and your new OC is taking a guy he's been recruiting since he was an 8th grader.

But I think you have to offer McIntyre at this point.

Agree on all

Bergan bounces between D and C2 but always play C-2 football. The kid is a specimen no doubt, but remember his toughest competition is Yutan, or maybe Ord. His dad owns a gym and a supplement store so the kid has had some advantages. I sure don't know if he pans out or not, but glad is offered.

They’ve been guilty of this over the past several years. These kids aren’t going to walk on anymore (ok, rarely). If they are good, offer them. Nebraska kids make the backbone of the program. You can’t lose the best players in the state. You have to get them. More programs than ever before will take them if you **** around with them. Get them and build around them. Every year, there are 4-10 dudes good enough to warrant a scholarship offer. When you slow play then, other teams get their foot in the door, and then it makes it harder to get back the upper hand.
So who has Mickey Joseph been a tad late on the last several years? You are passing the sins of his predecessor off to him.

Also maybe you haven't noticed. He was a little busy getting a few stud guys in this years class before moving on to next year.

I am pretty confident that Mickey will get us the right guys. If this guy is one of them then so be it. If not...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back