• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In Over Their Heads

Jury still out on Frost. We'll know more in 2-3 years. He wants to win... he's driven to win... but does he know how to build a program?? A lot of work to do.

The good thing is he will be given a lot of time. The bad thing is it will take a lot of time... which stinks!!!!

Edit due to typo: Which guys on the staff do you believe are in over their heads? Which ones need to go? Look, I believe wholeheartedly Frost is the guy, 100%. However, I do not feel the same about a couple of guys on his staff. Chinander being one, Dewitt being one, and Austin being another. What do you guys think? I know Frost has a history with these guys, but for the sake of his job and my sanity, something needs to be done, IMO.

The “something” that needs to be done is for fans to cool their jets. Unless someone is close enough to the program to be seeing practices, team meetings, and film study with the players and coaches AND have substantial coaching experience at a significant level, they are not qualified to make judgments regarding staff hiring and firing.

Further, this “immediate gratification” mentality will not make the program better. We need stability in the program, not more instability.

Edit due to typo: Which guys on the staff do you believe are in over their heads? Which ones need to go? Look, I believe wholeheartedly Frost is the guy, 100%. However, I do not feel the same about a couple of guys on his staff. Chinander being one, Dewitt being one, and Austin being another. What do you guys think? I know Frost has a history with these guys, but for the sake of his job and my sanity, something needs to be done, IMO.
Austin, for sure.

I believe he’s building a program and is choosing to build depth for the future no matter what happens this year. I agree wholeheartedly with the concept and know the payoff will be amazing......but these growing pains are really painful to watch.

The “something” that needs to be done is for fans to cool their jets. Unless someone is close enough to the program to be seeing practices, team meetings, and film study with the players and coaches AND have substantial coaching experience at a significant level, they are not qualified to make judgments regarding staff hiring and firing.

Further, this “immediate gratification” mentality will not make the program better. We need stability in the program, not more instability.
We do have stability pal..we are consistently bad :(

OK, at first I thought you were Ogahusker and I actually read your drivel, then I saw the errors in my way... who are you?

I don't believe anyone is in over the heads. However they are still learning. Had an interesting discussion with an ex-player yesterday who has also had a couple of sons play. You figure out who it is.....but he gave me a real time perspective of some of the learning challenges this team is facing due to coaching issues. All of us need to put in perspective what is right in front of us. The performance of this team is unfortunately primarily coaching. There are some personnel issues that that are preventing us from prevailing at our capacity but right now the reason we seem to be broken down at almost every player position is coaching and accountability. Accountability is on HCSF. They will get better and it might take some coaching changes but SF has to get better in holding players accountable on and off the field. He can't just talk the talk of culture change. He might need more sweeping changes.

The best example is Maurice Washington. Retaining him on the team has gone against everything the SF culture was meant to do and has had an affect on a lot of other players perspective. The bottom line is fellow players are saying to themselves that if a guy can have all that legal trouble, miss classes and show up smelling like pot to everything he does and get away with it...…..why should I have to follow the rules. There are similar examples spread across this team both on and off the field. Right now this staff is tip toeing across a very rocky ledge trying to balance players who still haven't bought in and their need to keep depth on the roster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back